Regular Alexa vs. Oversized

ladycornflake

A beautiful freak
Dec 15, 2008
UK
Hello everyone!!!

Haven't posted in a while due to work and family commitments....but mostly because I was finding myself becoming too obsessed with bags to function normally! :nuts:

Well, the sales are now on and, well, I'm back!

I just had a question for people who are familiar with both sizes of Alexa. I have a chance to buy a nearly new OS OL Alexa for a good price. I already have the regular size OL Alexa, but I think I fancy the larger size.
What size would you say is more practical? Am I better off keeping my regular size or should I go for the oversize?

Also, does anyone know where the soft yellow leopard scarf is still in stock?

TIA

Tarababe

O.G.
Jul 13, 2010
Durham
Hello everyone!!!

Haven't posted in a while due to work and family commitments....but mostly because I was finding myself becoming too obsessed with bags to function normally! :nuts:

Well, the sales are now on and, well, I'm back!

I just had a question for people who are familiar with both sizes of Alexa. I have a chance to buy a nearly new OS OL Alexa for a good price. I already have the regular size OL Alexa, but I think I fancy the larger size.
What size would you say is more practical? Am I better off keeping my regular size or should I go for the oversize?

Also, does anyone know where the soft yellow leopard scarf is still in stock?

TIA

I don't have an Alexa but here is a thread that may help.:graucho:

http://forum.purseblog.com/mulberry/alexa-os-or-regular-any-ref-pics-bbag-643761.html

IWantANewBag

Jan 2, 2010
Hi lady!

I only have regular size and I find them ideal as 'handbags' iykwim. Day to day they are big enough for me (purse, phone, keys etc). But, when i stop using a baby changing bag and buggy I guess a bigger bag might be useful to stick extra bits in (teddy bears, spare kids cardigans etc!). I guess it all depends on how much you carry and whether you think you might overload a OS and hurt your shoulder, lol. xx

lola73

Jan 1, 2010
Ireland
Are you finding the regular too small LadyCF - if you are then the OS is probably worth buying. If you're not then the regular is the right size for you. Personally I like the regular size - it's the right size for a handbag. I have two and use them the most of all my bags.

Jan 24, 2009
South Cheshire
I felt the need to try the OS and bought a black, already having the black reg. I couldn't part with either of them because I couldn't decide between them! I then replaced my reg oak with the OS. I must say I love both sizes equally. It just depends what I'm wearing and what I'm carrying.

Lillemy_74

O.G.
Mar 5, 2009
Norway
I started with the OS OL Alexa, and got the regular later to fill the gap of a more 'handy' messenger. They are both great sizes, and I find I need both. The regular is great when you don't need to carry more than the essentials, and great for travelling actually (when don't need to carry much) - it's both chic for day and night, and practical. But think OS is great for times when I need extra room for a cardigan, papers etc. Great for work, and I adore the look of it:biggrin: Couldn't part with either!

Inem

O.G.
Jan 30, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
I don't always carry my Alexa by the top handle as I'm worried it will fall apart when it's full with my daily junk. I use the strap more therefore I like the regular size better. The oversize I bet will look a bit out of proportion on me when I carry it on the shoulder. But if you use your Alexa more as a briefcase, the OS will be a lovely choice.

ladycornflake

A beautiful freak
Dec 15, 2008
UK
The problem is that if I get the OS OL then I can't return it. My best net is to go to a stockist and try the OS out for myself.
Thanks for your help.