Reg Diorshow vs. Blackout vs. Iconic

cllover

Aug 4, 2008
I was looking around for new mascara and bought Diorshow blackout, non-waterproof. So far, it's worked really well! But what is the difference between the regular one, blackout, and iconic? Has anyone tried all three? What's your preference and why?

Also, waterproof or not? I heard that somewhere that waterproof dries out your lashes - true or not true?

Thanks! :smile:

I've only tried iconic and diorshow. I like Iconic a lot better since it curls your lashes a bit, lengthens them and is much easier to use. I think Blackout is supposed to be the blackest/darkest of the bunch also.

I haven't tried any of the dior waterproof mascara's, but I thought that you shouldn't use waterproof all the time. Because it doesn't let your lash's breath.

I've had both regular Diorshow, Diorshow waterproof, and Blackout. I loved Diorshow, the waterproof version didn't give quite as much volume, and hated Blackout. I mean, it was a great color being as dark as it was, but it didn't volumize at all, made the curl fall right out of my lashes, and ran like crazy. I returned it.

I've only tried Diorshow, and Dior Iconic, and I LOVE Iconic. Iconic gives me more volume, and make my lashes longer. I can put tons and tons of it on, and my eyelashes don't look clumpy at all. The more you put on, the more volume you get. Diorshow made my eyelashes clump.

I have tried Blackout and Iconic. I think Iconic gives you more length and the ability to apply more coats without clumping. Blackout gives you a bit more volume and more intense color imo. I like to put on a couple of coats of Iconic and then finish with a coat of blackout when I am doing a more dramatic eye.

Have not tried waterproof as I usually don't have the need.

I think I've tried them all! In terms of the way my lashes look, I prefer the Blackout by far! However, I can't use it on my bottom lashes because it smudges under my eyes. I just started using the Iconic now and then, and I like it, but I'm not in LOVE with it (yet anyway!).

I've tried DiorShow, DiorShow waterproof, and Blackout. Of the 3, I like DiorShow the most because it curls my lashes and gives it more volume. And it's not difficult to take off with eye makeup remover. I found Blackout takes longer to dry and doesn't make a dramatic difference on my lashes (I'm Asian), and the waterproof formula was hard to take off at night.

i lovvve Diorshow!

i tried the regular one and Blackout.. and i prefer the regular because, as others mentioned, i felt that it does not give as much volume though it did make my lashes appear longer.. plus my lashes are already black so i didnt notice any difference in terms of the extra darkness..

i must try Iconic after reading all the raves on here :biggrin:

I've tried the regular diorshow and the blackout. I liked the diorshow and hated the blackout. The blackout smudged really badly. I'm like one of the above posters - I already have really black eyelashes so I can't really speak about the color.

I really like the Iconic. The original Diorshow smeared on me in a matter of hours. With Iconic, I put on two coats of Clinique High Impact mascara as a "base" and then two coats of Iconic on top for curling and lengthening. It works really well. My eyes look much bigger, thicker, longer, and they don't flake! I haven't ever used it alone, however. The sales associate that sold it to me said that make up artists use it as 'hairspray' for eyelashes. So, for me, it is definitely worth it :tup: