Red Tails 1/20/12

I am hearing mixed reviews from friends. But, I give it a thumbs up overall. There were some abrupt scene changes and I felt, at times, that I wanted the dialog to continue before moving on to the next part of the story. Since George Lucas plans to make this a franchise, it makes sense. There are several stories within Red Tails that can easily become movies on their own.

On another note, I'm surprised that there are people who are angry with George Lucas for making this film because he is not African American. My mind can't think that myopically to relate to such foolishness.

limom said:
Is it ok for a 10 years old boy?

I think so. It has a PG-13 rating, I think, because of the crash scenes. I think boys would find this movie very exciting.

I have no problem with the producer of this film. I love George Lucas, so I'm biased. I did think that it was kinda all over the place, though.

I just saw it today. I agree that there were abrupt scene shifts that were kind of jarring. I also thought that it wasn't as heavy as the HBO movie from years ago, but I figured that it had more do with the rating, but I just checked IMDb, and The Tuskegee Airmen was also PG-13. So, I don't know. I enjoyed this movie regardless, and I fell in love with Nate Parker all over again.

I am hearing mixed reviews from friends. But, I give it a thumbs up overall. There were some abrupt scene changes and I felt, at times, that I wanted the dialog to continue before moving on to the next part of the story. Since George Lucas plans to make this a franchise, it makes sense. There are several stories within Red Tails that can easily become movies on their own.

On another note, I'm surprised that there are people who are angry with George Lucas for making this film because he is not African American. My mind can't think that myopically to relate to such foolishness.
Yeah, that's really stupid. If they didn't want him to make it, then THEY should have coughed up the money to get it done.

I thought the movie was great. I don't know about the abrupt scenes people were talking about?. I felt complete when I left. If they stretched scenes out too long, THEN people would e complaining about the movie being too long. You can't please everyone.

Also, I don't see how he is making this into a franchise.

My only wish was if they would have scrolled pics of the original Tuskegee Airmen, and maybe showed a current pic of the surviving members.

no i didn't. but the man next to me told me to see the Tuskegee Airman. is that the original? he said it was a lot better.

this one had good fighting scenes if you're into that. i'm not.

My son loves action movies and I thought it would be a good movie to see.
I am sick and tired of transformers and the like plus I like the History Lesson.
If it is not too violent, I will bring him this week end.

My son loves action movies and I thought it would be a good movie to see.
I am sick and tired of transformers and the like plus I like the History Lesson.
If it is not too violent, I will bring him this week end.

I would not say that it is too violent. It is a movie about war...so it is a bit inevitable that people will die

It's a war movie, but it's not uber gruesome. I mean, I generally stay away from war movies for that reason, but since this movie is PG-13 it's not as bad.

I also highly recommend The Tuskegee Airmen. It came out on HBO in the mid-90s and it has Laurence Fishburne as well as Cuba Gooding, Jr., Malcolm-Jamal Warner, Courtney B. Vance, Andre Braugher and a host of other black actors who were very popular around that time. The acting talent in that one was out of this world.

It's a war movie, but it's not uber gruesome. I mean, I generally stay away from war movies for that reason, but since this movie is PG-13 it's not as bad.

I also highly recommend The Tuskegee Airmen. It came out on HBO in the mid-90s and it has Laurence Fishburne as well as Cuba Gooding, Jr., Malcolm-Jamal Warner, Courtney B. Vance, Andre Braugher and a host of other black actors who were very popular around that time. The acting talent in that one was out of this world.

I loved the hbo one too.