Red Nikki or Red MAM? Please share your sage advice!!!

Which Red RM do you Recommend, and why???

• Go for the Red MAM!!! Just do it!!!

• Red Nikki Nikki Nikki...she's so zexy...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Loquita

May 16, 2008
Hi lovely peeps,

I am in the market for a red red RED bag!! (Not wine...RED). :P I have a few that I have my eyes on, but am undecided on a style. Which one do you think would be a wiser long-term buy, a Nikki or a MAM?

Both of the bags I am lemming have gold mixed HW, and they are virtually identical in price. The MAM has long, unfinished tassels (my personal fave), and the tones and leather types of both bags are very close, so that's not an issue either.

I can't have both (not enough $), so please don't offer that as an option. ;)

Please vote and explain just why you voted as you did!!! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. :heart:

BTW, I hope to have made a decision by tomorrow early evening (that's EST time, for anyone who's interested).

Well, my vote shouldn't come as a surprise :P

Nikki! For me, personally, it's way more functional. I do love the MAM also but i like to have my hands free. And Miss Nikki fits over a heavy coat.

For me, I would also have to say Nikki. I had a Wine MAM (I know you are not looking for wine, but it is the only red I have ever had) for a long time and as beautiful as she was, I never reached for it.
Then I recently bought a Wine Nikki and I can't stop using her!
Something about the bold color and the way the Nikki hangs; sheer perfection! The pop of red is just amazing on a Nikki!

My mom (who is very hip by the way!) has a deep red (or is it dark red) mam. People literally stop her everywhere we go to compliment her on the bag. I briefly had the Gilt Red mam earlier this year and it was a beauty.

I just got a Cranberry Nikki and I love it. That said, I've actually always wanted a red MAM and I think that the satchel style in red is more of an eyecatcher. I like my hobo's in a more neutral color although I think I might change my mind with this Cranberry Nikki. Which colors are you looking at?

Lo, I'm a MA girl all the way so my vote's for the MAM. I much prefer a satchel. I get really frustrated with the Nikki and only own one. I love the feel of the leather against the body and how it wears but I can't get over the functionality of the Nikki.

Oh boy. Well, I love how both bags look on everybody. Nikkis look so simple and easy to carry and in red, would make such a classic statement. HOWEVER, I am a full-on MAM gal. I have only just discovered that MAMs are THE perfect bag (for me) in size and style. I love satchels and I love how I can carry her over my shoulder. I love that front pocket and how the lining shows :love: and it's very easily accessible for keys, cell, etc. I vote for RED MAM!!

Eeeeep!!! I am thoroughly torn now, you all are making such great points!! I appreciate your comments. ;)

How about if I let you know that the MAM I am looking at has gray and white striped lining, whereas the Nikki has the birdies. I own no Nikkis or MAMs, and own no satchels, period.

pink, What was the leather like on the Gilt Red MAM? I am curious and would love to hear your thoughts.

Let's see (trying to remember I sold it right after I got it)....it was what I would call a true red. I have had a wine bag and it is no where close. This was RED! It was a very smooth leather. I don't recall it being pebbled at all. The mam stood up on its own so a firm leather....no immediate smooshiness (um is that a word?!). Hope this helps a little bit!

Nikki, of course. I could see you rocking this beauty, Lo! I know that you have mad love for both styles, but Nikki just seems easier to throw over the shoulder and go. I love not having to carry my bags in hand, which is one big reason I go for Nikkis. I love the look of the MAM... but I think red is perfect for Nikki. :heart:

I can totally picture it right now... you wearing a black coat and rocking a red Nikki, and of course glamming yourself up with a lovely MAC look :love:

Perfection!

How about if I let you know that the MAM I am looking at has gray and white striped lining, whereas the Nikki has the birdies. I own no Nikkis or MAMs, and own no satchels, period.

wellllllll..... I am totally on the "Red nikki" side here, but I have to say, I bought a Nikki with the birdie lining and it was a whole lotta birds!!! LOL!
I wouldn't mind a MAM or a MAC or any smallish bag with the birds (they are kinda cute!), but a full-sized Nikki is a lotta birds. Also, you have to think about the fact that the birds are bright orange with black outlines on a white background...would that look good with the red leather? I think the birds are OK with Black or Brown leather bags, but I don't know, just something to consider.....

Usually I would suggest the MAM but red! Gosh, it would go super duper well in a Nikki! Like love, I would think that it will look smashing over a black top or coat!

Have you thought about which red you want to get?

If you can, I say you hold out until this baby comes out....Red Mini Matinee! Don't know the official red color but you will fall in love with this style...
2a8q5wg.jpg