Red Carpet Manicure

I have seen so many new collections come out at Ulta lately, I don't even know where to start! I missed some of the colors over the summer (with what looked like a "Mint of Spring" shade, as well as a light blue I've never seen, and an irridescent shimmer that I've never seen as well). There was the Postcards from Milan at the beginning of fall--and I saw about 4 shades that I couldn't place Gelish dupes for!

Now they're coming out with the holiday ones--there's 6 new colors, with a definite Gelish "Twinkle" dupe, and maybe "Danny's Little Helpers" and "Little Miss Sparkle" dupes, too. But there's also one jam packed with silver micro-shimmer and some holographic sparkles in a clear base (called "So Icey"), and one that looks like Essie's "Set in Stones" (called "Put Some Bling on it"). Then there was another color... I forget what, to be honest, but they were all silver or gold.

Has anyone picked up some of these colors recently?

It looks like they're coming out with dupes for the rest of last year's Gelish holiday collection later on, too. :amazed:

Some of the new stock of RCM polishes also have $1 off coupons on the handles--those can be saved and used until march 2014, too. :graucho:

I even took some more hasty photos to attempt to show the awesomeness:

Attachments

• rcm1.jpg
    rcm1.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 681
  • rcm2.jpg
    rcm2.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 681
  • rcm3.jpg
    rcm3.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 689
I want to buy the colored French manicure sticker tips and I am wondering if it's sticker, base, color, then top coat or if it's:
base coat , wipe sticky layer , put on sticker, color, and top coat.

Is it better to put the sticker directly on the finger or to put it in between the layers of the gel.
I am thinking it if it goes on the finger directly it might chip at the tips easier.
Then again if you put the sticker after the base and you file off the sticker excess you just filed off the free edge wrap of the base coat.
Anyone with experience ?

Ladies I haven't used my kit in a while but today I noted that the base layer was not sticking to my nail smoothly. It was applying with gaps , shrinking. I cured it anyway. Then when I applied color it's like the color won't stick . See pic .
I did surface cleanse and ph bond what could it be? ImageUploadedByPurseForum1390163941.330198.jpg

I didn't have this problem before .
Thanks.

Ladies I haven't used my kit in a while but today I noted that the base layer was not sticking to my nail smoothly. It was applying with gaps , shrinking. I cured it anyway. Then when I applied color it's like the color won't stick . See pic .
I did surface cleanse and ph bond what could it be? View attachment 2470115

I didn't have this problem before .
Thanks.

Have you used this color of polish before?

I have a similar issue with 2 Gelish colors (You Glare I Glow & I'm brighter than You) and determined it was the polish and not the base. It would appear to go on smooth, but would separate and pool in some areas. I have repeatedly had this issue with these 2 colors. When I wear them now, I'll flash cure. But even with that I'm wearing 3-4 costs in some areas just to even it out.

Have you used this color of polish before?

Thanks but its not the color because I could see the foundation was already pooling before I even put the color on.

I have a similar issue with 2 Gelish colors (You Glare I Glow & I'm brighter than You) and determined it was the polish and not the base. It would appear to go on smooth, but would separate and pool in some areas. I have repeatedly had this issue with these 2 colors. When I wear them now, I'll flash cure. But even with that I'm wearing 3-4 costs in some areas just to even it out.

I'm wearing a Gelish base with RCM Nominated For... right now with no issues. I think it should work fine as long as you pushed back you cuticles, lightly buffed, and used PH Bond.

I pushed my cuticles, I didn't buff my nails but I never did that step ever, and I used ph bond.

Let me go buff the nail and see if that fixes it.

I pushed my cuticles, I didn't buff my nails but I never did that step ever, and I used ph bond.

Let me go buff the nail and see if that fixes it.

I know some ppl don't like to buff. I've never tried without that step.

Another way to test would be to try on a swatch stick. I had the same issue with the same 2 colors when I swatched...and usually for those I put the polish directly on the stick. No prep or base.