Travel Recs for anywhere in Mexico...

fairlady

O.G.
Sep 17, 2006
I originally inquired about Cancun, but am interested anywhere in Mexico. I've never been there, my husband and I are in our forties, looking for a nice relaxing place to stay. Maybe take in some sights as well. Thanks

My DH and I went to Cabo last May and loved it! We went for both of our 40th birthdays and our anniversary. It was perfect weather every single day and we stayed at the Riu Palace, super nice!

Check into Puerta Vallarta. The city has many different types of lodging options from super-fancy beachfront chain hotels to condos to quaint older hotels and villas beachfront and in the hills.

The old part of the city is nice to walk around, couple of houses of note (Elizabeth Taylor's & Richard Burton's, for example), old churches, etc. And here's a website with sights to see outside the city: http://www.puertovallarta.net/what_to_do/sightseeing.php

Check into Puerta Vallarta. The city has many different types of lodging options from super-fancy beachfront chain hotels to condos to quaint older hotels and villas beachfront and in the hills.

The old part of the city is nice to walk around, couple of houses of note (Elizabeth Taylor's & Richard Burton's, for example), old churches, etc. And here's a website with sights to see outside the city: http://www.puertovallarta.net/what_to_do/sightseeing.php

Thanks for this redney! :tup:

DD and I are going to PV in March, staying at the new Riu Palace here also.

I really enjoyed Cozumel and Playa Del Carmen in December. It was very nice and the water was so beautiful. Lots of things to do like seeing the Mayan ruins, horseback riding, zip line, dolphin swims, submarine tour of the reef, fishing, etc. I liked the Wyndham as they had an adults only section of the hotel that was very peaceful.

I really LOVED Punta Mita in Mexico. DH and I had such a relaxing vacation there last year. It was like being in paradise!
n843810541_4082353_8417.jpg

We go to the Gulf side alot. If you are interested email me and I can give you my tripadvisor ID for hotel reviews.

I've stayed at

Royal Playa Del Carmen- Great hotel, 1 block from shopping, large.

El Dorado Maroma- Very Small and intimate, amazing room, outdoor shower and plunge pool...secluded paradise and just a stones throw from the major company that does fishing, diving, snorkel, cruises, ect if you want to sigh see.

Secrets Maroma- Number 5 beach in all the world on Travel Channel. AMAZING

Valentin Imperial Maya- Great Room, tiled jaccuzi overlooking ocean, Great Food, Sea Turtle Release, extensive beach and grounds.

All were romantic and all inclusive, and priced between 1500-3000pp with air.

I think Playa is more suited for those who aren't into the party all night atmosphere.

My vote is Cozumel.. I've been there 2 times for 2weeks each time. Also on a cruise ship...........We are going the end of march for 2 weeks AI staying at the Melia Cozumel.The snorkeling is fantastic the people are very friendly it is a very lay ed back the most relaxing holiday I have ever had.......you won't be disappointed .

We're going to Los Cabos in March and we're staying at Riu Hotel for 8 days. My DH booked it for us as my birthday gift, I'm excited!!!! What else can we do there aside from eating and relaxing.. any recommendations i.e restaurants (love fajitas)...etc.. Thanks!

We're going to Los Cabos in March and we're staying at Riu Hotel for 8 days. My DH booked it for us as my birthday gift, I'm excited!!!! What else can we do there aside from eating and relaxing.. any recommendations i.e restaurants (love fajitas)...etc.. Thanks!

Sammy Hagar's bar/Restaurant, Cabo Wabo! Delish!!!
Also, right outside there are these little shops and there is a little restaurant that has THE BEST mexican food!!! AUGH! forget the name of it but it is right downstairs by the shops and is like an outside restaurant :tup: