Recommendations on my next purchase

jyyanks

Sep 15, 2013
Every year, if I get a bonus, I usually buy a Hermes bag. Since I am not going out as much, I don’t think I want to buy an H bag this year. Instead, I’m thinking of adding to my small VcA collection. I have a magic pendant, a 5 motif vintage alahambra bracelet and this years holiday pendant.

My budget is in the 10-12K range which is about the price of a H bag. While I’d love a perlee clover bracelet, it’s above my price range.

I was thinking of a perlee clover ring but also considered a 10 or 6 motif necklace or the pave ring.

Info about me: I don’t wear yellow or rose gold as my skin tone favors ‘cool’ colors.

I don’t like big earrings and usually wear drops or hoops.

I don’t mind stacking bracelets.

I dress very casually but will wear jewelry and carry designer bags with leggings and jeans. During Covid, I have carried my H bags with my sweatpants.

I’m petite and like delicate jewelry. My magic pendant is my favorite piece of jewelry and I wear it often.

Based on the above what would you recommend?

Here are some fun options:

Magic Alhambra necklace, 6 motifs (+ vintage earrings?)
Frivole earrings + Perlee signature bracelet
Lapis Rose de Noël pendant, mini model

Have fun and let us know what you got.

Reactions: jyyanks and hhw
What about vintage Alhambra pave WG earrings? Such a classic piece and goes with everything! It would go with your collection assuming it is WG.

For casual wear a wg 10 motif in mop or Chalcedon would be beautiful and give you some variety, you can add a single motif earring pair too within budget. Otherwise, frivoles wg earrings in small or Wg vintage pave earrings work with all outfits.

Thank you for the response! My SA recommended the vintage alhambra pave earring! I was afraid they would be too big as heavy earrings hurt my ears but they match everything I own. I think I have to see them in person and try them on.

@Lynne-ross - the chalcedony 10 motif is stunning!! Definitely something different and up my alley

Here are some fun options:

Magic Alhambra necklace, 6 motifs (+ vintage earrings?)
Frivole earrings + Perlee signature bracelet
Lapis Rose de Noël pendant, mini model

Have fun and let us know what you got.

OOO....these are GREAT options. Love the idea of getting 2 things and the perlee signature may just scratch the itch since I can't get the perlee clover just yet. Also love the idea of the 6 motif and maybe small studs. It's a double gift!

Reactions: EpiFanatic
Thank you for the response! My SA recommended the vintage alhambra pave earring! I was afraid they would be too big as heavy earrings hurt my ears but they match everything I own. I think I have to see them in person and try them on.

@Lynne-ross - the chalcedony 10 motif is stunning!! Definitely something different and up my alley
Just want to mention about the vintage pave alhambra studs. Not gonna lie. They have some weight to it, but the post and clip allows it not to drag on your piercings. And they are surprisingly extremely comfortable. I have always worn very light diamond studs and the sweet alhambra studs, and did not find these painful, and they did not give me a headache. Until I pierced my ears in my 40s, I had worn clip-ons and I found all of them so uncomfortable that I could only tolerate them for 1-2 hours before I had to take them off. These are so comfortable. And VCA can loosen the clip for you if you want. Definitely give them a try on. I was so nervous that I bought them through Neimans, where I could return them completely. Turns out I did not need to worry.

I also love the chalcedony. Very neutral yet still so interesting with the striations. I have the 10 motif and the bracelet and love them both. If you can tolerate onyx, maybe consider a special order of onyx and WG pieces. I have the 5 motif bracelet which I love. And there is also all WG alhambra pieces you can special order. Super practical and you can wear them 24/7.

Ok, I love my signature perlee too. Actually my favorite bracelet. Sorry, guess I'm no help.

Reactions: hhw and jyyanks
Just want to mention about the vintage pave alhambra studs. Not gonna lie. They have some weight to it, but the post and clip allows it not to drag on your piercings. And they are surprisingly extremely comfortable. I have always worn very light diamond studs and the sweet alhambra studs, and did not find these painful, and they did not give me a headache. Until I pierced my ears in my 40s, I had worn clip-ons and I found all of them so uncomfortable that I could only tolerate them for 1-2 hours before I had to take them off. These are so comfortable. And VCA can loosen the clip for you if you want. Definitely give them a try on. I was so nervous that I bought them through Neimans, where I could return them completely. Turns out I did not need to worry.

I also love the chalcedony. Very neutral yet still so interesting with the striations. I have the 10 motif and the bracelet and love them both. If you can tolerate onyx, maybe consider a special order of onyx and WG pieces. I have the 5 motif bracelet which I love. And there is also all WG alhambra pieces you can special order. Super practical and you can wear them 24/7.

Ok, I love my signature perlee too. Actually my favorite bracelet. Sorry, guess I'm no help.

lol I consider you a jewelry expert so thank you for the response! I’ll have to try the earrings in the store to ensure they don’t hurt my ears or I will never wear them! I always seem to have that issue with earrings that go flush against my ear. I may consider the sweets as an ‘add on’ depending on what I end up with.

The signature perlee bracelet is interesting. I do hope one day to get the clover. Just don’t know if I can shell out that much money unless it’s a special occasion - big bday or anniversary so the perlee signature might work until I get the clover.

if I get a 10 motif, chalcedony is a clear winner. Do you think they will ever discontinue?
So many choices!!!

My ears are sensitive and most vca are heavy for me. I put these plastic ear backing that are bigger. They keep the earrings upright and make it super comfy.

Reactions: jyyanks
Six motif grey, black, white MOP or carnelian tigers eye necklace. I wear it casually, but it could also Be worn a bit more dressy. A bit more, ans you could do a two motif earring (I think the two MOP is 7500 usd and the pave MOP is 15K).

I think the wg pave Vintage Alhambra earrings would be the number one recommendation for your white gold collection. I do understand wanting to try them on. I have them and do not find them heavy at all. A pair of these are on the right side of this photo (picture courtesy of a friend).

I will also be getting this bracelet soon, and I think it is so gorgeous! It's a little more than the earrings, though.

2019-07-03 11.31.02.jpg

I second the suggestion of the perlee signature bracelet and the frivole earrings. Also a stunning combo together with the bright shiny white gold. Also when you do get that clover bracelet, you will have an amazing stack!
Or the Perlee clover ring.

I have had a hard time with the vintage alhambra earrings. Maybe my ears are sensitive but they do feel very heavy to me. Definitely go give them a try though!

Reactions: jyyanks