Recognition!

wildcard

Sep 10, 2006
I live in a fashion wasteland, in southern Indiana. On Saturday I was out picking up some things at our local mall. I stopped by the Clinique counter (all we have is a Macy's insofar as department stores go) to get some foundation, and the girl that helped me said "I just have to tell you, I love your bag, I noticed it when you first came in..." She was so sweet and was so excited to actually see a paddy in person, feel the leather, etc. She called some of the other SAs over to see it, but they were not particularly interested. Not that I need validation for having bought the bag, I love my paddy dearly for who she is of course but it was nice to have one person in my backwards world recognize her as well : )

I had my Paddy shoulder bag recognized/complimented for the first time this past weekend, but it was by the SA in the Saks handbag department. I live in a very rural area (a definite fashion wasteland!), so I'm not surprised I had to go to the Big City for it to happen.

I love it when stuff like that happens! And it always seems to happen when you least expect it, no?

I was in my office this summer(volunteering for school-related stuff), and one of the ladies there said she loved by Goyard bag. We got into a whole conversation about how her sister was going to get one too, and it was a total surprising, happy handbag-buzz moment :biggrin:

I feel weird complimenting people on their bags b/c I can't tell if they are real or fake half the time but it does feel good when someone gives me a compliment. Maybe I should try more often instead of drooling from the sideline. lol