Received SNAD item, resolving without opening claim?

arsweb

chocolate bag addict
O.G.
Jul 25, 2008
I just received my first SNAD item today. The item was described as like new with no tears or rips, and it's very worn with both tears and rips. I have not opened a PayPal claim, as I am hoping to avoid this and resolve the problem through eBay's message system.

If the seller agrees to let me return the item for a full refund, what do I need to do to protect myself as far as sending it back and making sure the seller gives me my refund when it is received? I've heard lots of stories of people doing this within a PayPal claim, but never outside of PayPal (as eBay itself suggests it try to be resolved first). TIA!

Just send it back with DelConf or SigConf, depending on the amount of the transaction (although I would use SignConf regardless). When the seller receives the package, she/he will issue the refund. If this doesn't happen, then you can open a dispute with PayFoe, which will refund the money when you show that the item was delivered (via the SigConf).

I have contacted the seller today, shortly after I received the item in the mail. I included pictures as well to show the areas of concern. It's a powerseller, so I'm hoping we can work out me returning the item for a refund (listing said no refunds though). I just wanted to be prepared for what I need to do to ship it back and keep myself covered if the seller doesn't refund for some reason. If I don't hear from them by Monday night I'll go ahead and file a claim through PayPal.

Thank you for your feedback!

I am so bummed about this bag not being as described. It's an older style, and they are quite hard to come by in the particular color I want. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. :sad:

I'm considering buying a bag which I don't have time to authenticate, and I'm worried the same thing will happen to me.

Assuming the worst, lets say its fake and the seller offers a refund and I send the bag back. But I get no refund. What happens then??