Rec'd Letter about my Repair but I have a question

pat222

O.G.
Feb 14, 2006
Well, no Black Friday shopping for me today, but the mailman did bring me good news!

I sent in my Holiday Gallery Tote for repair. The ocelot haircalf was literally rubbing off.
Coach sent me a letter stating that they were offering me a credit of $398.00 so I'm really happy and very impressed with the good service.

What I don't understand is that the letter says they will hold my original itgem for 30 days before discarding.

So can I ask for it back? Or is it either the credit or the bag?

I'm hoping someone can clarify.

I had purchased a bag off eBay that was broken, so I got it really cheap. Then I called Coach and they told me to ship it to them and they'd try to repair it. Well, they couldn't so they gave me $300 credit for it! I think I only paid $90 for it off eBay! They also said they had that bag in stock if I just wanted a replacement. I ended up taking the credit and ordering a different bag.

^ COach has pretty stringent standards as to what they are able to repair, and what they will offer if they cannot. I had sent a 6 yr-old bag in for repair on my handle and they couldn't since the bag was retired. They sent my bag back with a letter for 40% off which is the max they can offer for such an older style, so it just depends. If the bag is a current style, they will replace it or give credit.