Rebecca Minkoff Putty Color - How has your held up?

Jan 23, 2013
Anyone who has RM’s bags in the putty color - please let me know how your bag has held up with wear and tear. I’m torn as to whether or not to keep my Moto Satchel I just got. I know that color transfer could happen but I’m actually more so thinking of the handles and not wanting them to look gross and discolored too fast. I’m pretty particular about my bags. I don’t baby them but I’m pretty careful and rotate them a decent amount to avoid terrible wear and tear. Thoughts???

Anyone who has RM’s bags in the putty color - please let me know how your bag has held up with wear and tear. I’m torn as to whether or not to keep my Moto Satchel I just got. I know that color transfer could happen but I’m actually more so thinking of the handles and not wanting them to look gross and discolored too fast. I’m pretty particular about my bags. I don’t baby them but I’m pretty careful and rotate them a decent amount to avoid terrible wear and tear. Thoughts???
hmm I don't know if any of us have it since we tend to stick the newer bags. I recommend pre-treating light colored bags though. And usually I'm able to get any transfer off pretty easily. Handles are a little trickier.

Reactions: J9Fell4Tiffanys
I don’t have this bag. Putty is a really nice color :smile: For me I like having a lighter colored bag or two in my collection to use. Since I have enough bags to rotate I feel like it won’t get to gross or dirty looking fast. Unfortunately one day it will happen. If you like the bag then keep it and use it :smile: if you think you won’t, I’d sell it.

I'm pretty much in agreement with @Jeepgurl76. If you like it and you're comfortable with the price you paid and with the idea that because it will show wear it may be hard to ever sell, then enjoy it. I don't have a putty bag either but with the lighter colored bags I've had to the best of my recollection, marks were more of an issue than color transfer. Also the type of leather can make a difference. Very soft leather like SW is going to show some spots, etc. Glazed leather is going to be a lot less likely to get dirty or marked up.

Can't help with the putty color but just wanted to say the Moto satchel looks great in it!! That's one of my favorite of her "newer" styles (I think it's discontinued now? so not that new). I think a super light colored bag is going to get more marks in general but if you love it I'd just consider spray treating it and trying to clean it some and enjoying it. :smile:

One thing I do if I'm considering something like that (a style/color) is I look at the used bags for sale to see how they have worn over time. Obviously, some people don't take care of their bags so I expect to see a few trashed ones but if every single one looks bad then it may be the bag/color itself.

Thank you guys for your replies! I think I am going to keep it I rotate my bags a lot anyway and I really like it as a casual summer bag that fits a decent amount. The color combo does look really cool with the black and silver hardware too. I will look into treating the bag. Actually - does anyone have any recommendations on leather protectant, cleaner/color restore products that are safe for RM bags? Thanks so much!

Reactions: LipglossedX
Thank you guys for your replies! I think I am going to keep it I rotate my bags a lot anyway and I really like it as a casual summer bag that fits a decent amount. The color combo does look really cool with the black and silver hardware too. I will look into treating the bag. Actually - does anyone have any recommendations on leather protectant, cleaner/color restore products that are safe for RM bags? Thanks so much!

Some of the other girls here probably have some good recommendations. I've heard good things about Apple Garde spray and I just use alcohol-free baby wipes (some people use face wipes) for minor cleaning on leather. They make special leather cleaning wipes too though.

Last edited:
Some of the other girls here probably have some good recommendations. I've heard good things about Apple Guard spray and I just use alcohol-free baby wipes (some people use face wipes) for minor cleaning on leather. They make special leather cleaning wipes too though.
I got plenty of baby wipes around here with a 20 month old and baby #2 on the way I remember people mentioning Apple guard a long time ago. thanks again!