Rebecca Minkoff Blues

Night Blue next to a purple scarf... It's true that it seems to "change colors," more purple when next to purple, same for blue. Versatile blue! Does it seem more purple than the previous pic?

Attachments

• NightBluewpurpleScarf.jpg
    NightBluewpurpleScarf.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 116
i saw a Royal Basketweave MAM (all Royal, not the Royal/Brown BW)--- that is my holy grail!!!

how is the Royal Nikki special order coming along? is it happening?
nikki_royal.jpg

Catalina was supposed to be checking again last Friday with manufacturing. She knows I'm waiting for an update. I soooo want this colour Nikki!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, Am I slow or just thoroughly confused:cursing: I saw what appears to be a Navy Nikki as posted by tomifey above (and it's gorgeous by the way). But as I have read across various threads, there has never been a "Navy" Nikki:confused1: There is a current post that I replied to recently by someone trying to get RM to do a special order for Navy Nikki's for TPF'ers but then someone posted not Navy but Royal. What gives?

So, was there a previous release of NAVY Nikki's (if so, approximately when) or are people just making assumptions and/or confusing colors? I know some colors are just gone--- never to be seen again unless on ebay (like the Chocolate Nikki:love:) but all this confusion is making me nuts.

MichelleD-- i'm confused about this also! But as you can see tomifey has a Navy Nikki. i do not know if this bag is still in production. the post was recent (5/21/2008), not sure where she came from though (ebay or store?).

the special order was/is for Royal Nikki-- this color is rare now, i think it was released 3 or more seasons ago.

NicolesCloset-- i haven't seen an all Royal BW in person, but i swear i saw someone mention it on here.

Last edited:
MichelleD, there was a Navy Nikki and it probably now falls in the realm of the Chocolate Nikki.

There was research into a special order for the Royal Nikki. The original poster did not know that the colour she loved (and thought was Navy) was called Royal.

MichelleD & Beano...There was a Navy Nikki but it is several seasons old,like RaeBelle suggested it is now in the realm of the Chocolate Nikki.I was very lucky to find one...it had been my HG bag for almost a year.A very sweet tPFer was doing some research of her own for a bag she wanted and came across this small boutique that still had the Nikki in Navy...
It is a beautiful bag...I'm completely in love:love:!
That said,this fall RM is coming out with another Navy called the Navy Luxe.There have been threads and discussions about this.

http://www.purseblog.com/images/rm-beau-purple.thumbnail.jpg

That is a pic of the new fall Navy Luxe.
There is a special order for the Royal Nikki which was started by Karenab...it's such a deep and rich color...yummy.HTH.

http://forum.purseblog.com/rebecca-minkoff/anyone-want-to-order-nikki-navy-old-hardware-294444.html
Post #3 has another pic of Navy Luxe...

Last edited:
MichelleD, there was a Navy Nikki and it probably now falls in the realm of the Chocolate Nikki.

There was research into a special order for the Royal Nikki. The original poster did not know that the colour she loved (and thought was Navy) was called Royal.

Thanks RaeBelle for the information (and for shattering my dreams;)

:cry:I suspected it was too good to be true. I will be paying close attention when the new Navy bags are released. Hopefully, I wont be flat broke by then.

MichelleD & Beano...There was a Navy Nikki but it is several seasons old,like RaeBelle suggested it is now in the realm of the Chocolate Nikki.I was very lucky to find one...it had been my HG bag for almost a year.A very sweet tPFer was doing some research of her own for a bag she wanted and came across this small boutique that still had the Nikki in Navy...
It is a beautiful bag...I'm completely in love:love:!
That said,this fall RM is coming out with another Navy called the Navy Luxe.There have been threads and discussions about this.

http://www.purseblog.com/images/rm-beau-purple.thumbnail.jpg

That is a pic of the new fall Navy Luxe.
There is a special order for the Royal Nikki which was started by Karenab...it's such a deep and rich color...yummy.HTH.

http://forum.purseblog.com/rebecca-minkoff/anyone-want-to-order-nikki-navy-old-hardware-294444.html
Post #3 has another pic of Navy Luxe...

Thanks tomifey!! While I do like the Royal, I think I'm gonna hold out for the Navy. I seem to be collecting the rather vibrant Nikki's (Night Blue, Yellow, Magenta) which are quite pretty but not all the practical I guess (ouch.....it hurt to write that).

Of course with my luck, by the time the Navy is released I'm sure I will probably just have purchased a bag and will be broke and feigning or have a whole new obsession all together:P