Reasons Why We Can't Let Go Of Our LV

illusions

Aug 21, 2010
I want to share mine...

I was just looking at my purses and I've been wanting to let go of a few.

Petit Bucket - no, I can't, she was my inspiration when I used to just admire her with others and told myself, "one day I can afford one too"

BH - No, I can't - she was my first brand new purchase

Cabas Piano - No, I can't, she was my first pre loved purchase

Petit Noe - No, I can't, she reminds me of the happy times with my sister when we were in Madrid shopping together...

It's funny when I look at my purses and each one of them brings back memories and stories which became a part of my life. OMG! I am getting sentimental here! I need help... maybe a retail therapy.:biggrin:

So what is/are yours? :smile:

I only have a Speedy and ZCP so I can't get rid of them or I wouldn't have any LV!

I know someone with over 20 LV pieces (bought in the 70s/early 80s) that she says she will never let go of because she couldn't afford to buy them again at today's prices if she missed them.

I was just looking at my collection the other day to see if I wanted to sell/give away anything and found that they all had sentimental value - KS Tina that was my first 'designer' bag, two Coach and two LAMB that were birthday or anniversary gifts from my husband, plus my Speedy that I wanted for years before I finally got it.

I sold a lot of LV a couple of years ago since I was not using them. The only LV I have that I could not sell was my first LV - the Ellipse Backpack. I rarely use it, but it is gorgeous!

I have had NO problem letting go of my LV's and other purses I no longer use. I think if things are just sitting in your closet taking up space move on and get something you will love and use everyday. I have had memories of LV's but they were not going to be the reason on why I had to keep them. I guess the older I get I have been able to move forward and get rid of clutter.

she says she will never let go of because she couldn't afford to buy them again at today's prices if she missed them.

so true! one of the reasons why I have a hard time selling my old ones...

I was just looking at my collection the other day to see if I wanted to sell/give away anything and found that they all had sentimental value - Speedy that I wanted for years before I finally got it.

the same goes for my petit bucket :smile:

I have had NO problem letting go of my LV's and other purses I no longer use. I think if things are just sitting in your closet taking up space move on and get something you will love and use everyday. I have had memories of LV's but they were not going to be the reason on why I had to keep them. I guess the older I get I have been able to move forward and get rid of clutter.

I will keep this in mind for sure! :biggrin: