Really wish Epi would go back to gold HW

VT/GT

Jan 29, 2007
Am I the only one that wishes the epi line was available with gold tone HW? I don't tend to exactly match my bags and SLGs, but I do really like pieces that coordinate and match hardware. For instance, I think a red epi wallet with gold hardware would look amazing with a DA bag. And I'd love to be able to mix some of the new and older epi pieces but the switch in hardware colors throws it off for me.

Is it just me? Does anyone else match hardware?

no, it's definitely not just you. i only wear yellow gold jewelry and only buy bags with GHW (gold-tone hardware). my coloring is very fair (blonde, hazel eyes) and i have never thought silver/white gold/platinum looks good on me. i also think it's my age, when i was a teen-ager the price of gold was high and gold jewelry was "the thing" - think of all the gold chains people wore around their necks during the disco-era.

i'd love to have an Epi Electric Alma with GHW:heart:

Count me too...I just adore the epi brights but can't get past the hardware....EE noir is probably the only one I'd consider...even went so far as to get the card case in EE noir because it has no hardware.....

Actually I was thinking about that the other day when I was checking out the LV website... it hit me too that most hardware in the epi line has silver hardware. I prefer the gold hardware as well. :biggrin: ...not just you!

Glad I'm not the only one! I have this amazing old red epi speedy with GHW and I would love to get new accessories to go with it in some of the new colors, but they all have the new hardware. I'd love to see them go back.

I'd like to know where the epi line is going in general. I have nothing concrete to support this (I definitely don't want to start rumors!) but since LV discontinued the epi speedies I've been wondering if the epi line in general is being phased out.

Glad I'm not the only one! I have this amazing old red epi speedy with GHW and I would love to get new accessories to go with it in some of the new colors, but they all have the new hardware. I'd love to see them go back.

I'd like to know where the epi line is going in general. I have nothing concrete to support this (I definitely don't want to start rumors!) but since LV discontinued the epi speedies I've been wondering if the epi line in general is being phased out.

i think there is a revival of epi due to the release of the bright colors! I hope they never do away with the line and come up with better styles before throwing in the towel on it...I think the epi alma is doing well in sales...every time Im at the store there is someone buying one...imagine if they did them in speedies!...I wonder if they purposely dropped speedy and will do it again so we all go nuts for an epi speedy once its offered again ;) I can dream rite?

i think there is a revival of epi due to the release of the bright colors! I hope they never do away with the line and come up with better styles before throwing in the towel on it...I think the epi alma is doing well in sales...every time Im at the store there is someone buying one...imagine if they did them in speedies!...I wonder if they purposely dropped speedy and will do it again so we all go nuts for an epi speedy once its offered again ;) I can dream rite?

You make a really good point about the revival of the bright colors! I really hope they offer the speedy again. It's a great bag.

Last edited:
Omg! Yes!! I would love if Epi had the gold hardware. I am really loving Epi electric noir and if we had the choice to have gold hardware, I'd jump on it.

I love gold hardware in general because I really think that it looks timeless and charming. Hopefully, LV will at least incorporate an option for us to choose hardware colors within the Epi line... Wouldn't that be wonderful?

As a man that loves Epi especially in black, I prefer shw personally, but can see that ghw would look great on some of the color items. No offense, but IMHO, ghw on black looks a little dated.

I don't always think about matching hardware colors. I don't feel I have the time to be that finicky every day, so I just carry whichever bag I want with my silver jewelry. So I'm fine with either silver or gold hardware usually. Both are nice looking, and I own bags with both. But I admit that when I bought my EE Alma Noir, I actually did want a black bag with silver hardware, so I was happy. It has a nice "clean" look with the silver, if that makes sense.