Really conserned now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

arhient

Jan 5, 2014
Ok, ladies & gentlemen, after watching this video, my online shopping will never be the same. Take a look!

http://youtu.be/LeSnq5Q77t0?t=10m6s @ 10:06

Personally, this is why I am scared of online shopping no matter how much are they secure or anything, and lets be honest, how does not want to make profit today?! Even private sellers too! This makes me sad and at the same time breaks all my dreams to owning Birkin, because I know I will never get it form the store....

Thought??? :tdown::thinking::wacko:

Can't access the Video. It says it's private... oh well.

Anyway, don't focus on the dishonest seller or tricky scenario......
Focus instead on the bag you like to get, and all the reputable sellers out there...
You'll be successful getting your Birkin THAT way.

H Gods are with you!

I don't know that I believe the woman on the video, for one thing. For another, I don't know that I would believe some random man who makes a statement to someone they don't even know. For a third, everyone knows that there are fakes on eBay and some of those fakes are Hermes. That is the reason that people have bags authenticated before they purchase them. There are also many reliable resellers of Hermes. And of course, this doesn't apply only to Hermes, but to other luxury lines as well.

I'm not going to sit thru the video again, but didn't she say in the beginning that she wouldn't buy a Birkin & then she went on to tell the story of her gold Birkin? Maybe I misunderstood- anyway not worth my time to watch it again...

Ok, ladies & gentlemen, after watching this video, my online shopping will never be the same. Take a look!

Personally, this is why I am scared of online shopping no matter how much are they secure or anything, and lets be honest, how does not want to make profit today?! Even private sellers too! This makes me sad and at the same time breaks all my dreams to owning Birkin, because I know I will never get it form the store....

I think that this woman has a point, and I would be very wary of buying anything of consequence on the internet, though I think it is fine for smaller purchases. Why do you think you would never get a Birkin from a store?

This is why tPF offers authentication assistance and lists of generally reliable sellers. But of course, there's always a risk buying sight-unseen. Never, never, ever agree to a bank transfer for a product--it leaves you NO recourse if the item never arrives or isn't what it is supposed to be. At least credit cards and Paypal offer some help to unhappy buyers. And if the item is REALLY expensive, I think Paypal offers an escrow service where the money is set aside, but not released to the seller until the buyer is satisfied.

I watched the video for 20 seconds and turned it off. There is a woman with a closet of hanging t-shirts repeating a conversation she had with some unknown person who allegedly said, "I can make you a replica of that bag so close you won’t even know which one it is and then you can either take it back and get a refund from Hermes or you can sell it on e-bay."

Seriously? This is your basis of reality?

Yes, there are fakes of everything, alas. Which is why we say you should know and be confident in your seller.

Closing this - hope you find the (authentic!) bag of your dreams!

Status
Not open for further replies.