Really? Ads In The Middle of Each Page?

@Vlad and @Megs... just as an FYI I'm definitely seeing more than two ads per page. This is all from one thread and one page. The medical coding ad alone is there twice. Coach... medical coding 2x... Zephyrhills... and the Nordstrom sale. I hope this helps see what we're looking at.

IMG_0070.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_0071.PNG
    IMG_0071.PNG
    569 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_0072.PNG
    IMG_0072.PNG
    188.1 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_0073.jpg
    IMG_0073.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 205
I see what you mean and there is an easy explanation for this. If you're not logged in, there are more ads. Log in and they'll not show up. The Nordies announcement can be dismissed once you're logged in as well. :tup:

@Vlad and @Megs... just as an FYI I'm definitely seeing more than two ads per page. This is all from one thread and one page. The medical coding ad alone is there twice. Coach... medical coding 2x... Zephyrhills... and the Nordstrom sale. I hope this helps see what we're looking at.

View attachment 3763468

Hoo boy..... I was an advertising sales rep for YEARS!
Ads pay the freight. They're necessary but nobody wants to see them. Honestly, some business owners would hide from me...
Anyway, I have no ideas except that I am not as bothered by them since I was on the other side of the fence.
And your baby girl is a little peach! [emoji527]

Reactions: Megs and Vlad
I understand about ads but can I disable somehow the GUCCI pop up I receive on every page? I used to like Gucci and now I am repelled. It is literally every page and if you ignore it the ad grows bigger (no lie) and covers the comments posted. Its ugly and annoying. How can this better be controlled? getting frustrated grrrr.... Its a big blue box that you have to X out of in case you don't know what I am referring to. Thank you

Dear lord. That Gucci ad. Kill it with fire.
The Gucci popups have been bad enough but now, I can't even read the page because as soon as I close one, a new one pops up covering the text on the page! Close that one and I get another!

while I understand that ads = money, this is a turnoff if I were ever to consider Gucci!

The Gucci popups have been bad enough but now, I can't even read the page because as soon as I close one, a new one pops up covering the text on the page! Close that one and I get another!

while I understand that ads = money, this is a turnoff if I were ever to consider Gucci!

I considered noting that myself last week but figured why bother as no one apparently monitors this forum/thread and has yet to answer my original post. It seems to have gotten worse and just as you mentioned becomes very aggravating when there are multiple “x’s” one must address and the screen becomes obstructed—particularly on a cellphone. I try not to even log on TPF unless I am at a computer. I’m turned off to Gucci and truthfully becoming turned off to TPF.

I considered noting that myself last week but figured why bother as no one apparently monitors this forum/thread and has yet to answer my original post. It seems to have gotten worse and just as you mentioned becomes very aggravating when there are multiple “x’s” one must address and the screen becomes obstructed—particularly on a cellphone. I try not to even log on TPF unless I am at a computer. I’m turned off to Gucci and truthfully becoming turned off to TPF.

Hi,
How are you finding these obstructing advertisements on your cellphone? They are supposed to be rather unobtrusive and certainly not requiring closing by hitting an 'X' on our mobile site. Either way, I have removed the in-thread ads between posts in favor of a header unit.

We, like virtually every other publisher and small business online, rely on advertisements to support our company and this board. Without ads, we'd would need to close shop. Gucci is a wonderfully loyal partner that has worked with us and continues to support TPF and for this we are grateful as site operators. There are certainly much worse ads to be shown than funky spacey high fashion campaigns, but that's just my humble opinion. ;)

Hi,
How are you finding these obstructing advertisements on your cellphone? They are supposed to be rather unobtrusive and certainly not requiring closing by hitting an 'X' on our mobile site. Either way, I have removed the in-thread ads between posts in favor of a header unit.

We, like virtually every other publisher and small business online, rely on advertisements to support our company and this board. Without ads, we'd would need to close shop. Gucci is a wonderfully loyal partner that has worked with us and continues to support TPF and for this we are grateful as site operators. There are certainly much worse ads to be shown than funky spacey high fashion campaigns, but that's just my humble opinion. ;)

I am not sure- but believe me it isn't easy to deal with particularly on that small of a space. I completely understand about requiring ads - I can ignore the ads or choose to view them but that Gucci ad felt similar to getting a virus on a computer where you click the x and then ten more pop up covering your whole screen. I didn't experience it exactly that way but that is the feeling-- you can't see any comments and the blue ad just gets huge and covers everything. You click the x and then it goes away but a short time afterward same page/thread it pops again and takes over the screen. That is beyond what someone should expect when viewing a site IMO. I look forward to seeing what you have done and appreciate your response.

I am not sure- but believe me it isn't easy to deal with particularly on that small of a space. I completely understand about requiring ads - I can ignore the ads or choose to view them but that Gucci ad felt similar to getting a virus on a computer where you click the x and then ten more pop up covering your whole screen. I didn't experience it exactly that way but that is the feeling-- you can't see any comments and the blue ad just gets huge and covers everything. You click the x and then it goes away but a short time afterward same page/thread it pops again and takes over the screen. That is beyond what someone should expect when viewing a site IMO. I look forward to seeing what you have done and appreciate your response.
The way you're describing it is how I was seeing it too but I wasn't using my phone or an app. I was getting the constant popups while on the full (not mobile) site.

My popups have stopped, at least for the time being.