RANT: Shopping Online

OnMyMiNd04

~Boy Addicted to LV~
O.G.
Sep 3, 2007
Hi All,

Hope everyone had a great Holiday weekend/month. :smile:

I just wanted to rant about shopping with Louis Vuitton whether it be online or in a physical store.

So back in August I had reserved the Neverfull XL. I know for sure that I was the first person on the list to get the bag, well needless to say... I did not get a call for the bag. So now, it is December 27th and the US is currently sold out of the bag I want. When I went to the UK site I see that they are readily available to order online. I am just sad, because Louis Vuitton does not allow you to order from different countries and now I am going to miss out on the bag that I want. :shrugs: I keep calling, and calling the customer service line in hopes that one pops up... but it seems like I am SOL.

Any advice?

Its customer service like this that has caused me to behave like a crazy terrible customer. Whenever a bag is coming out that I absolutely must have, I get my name on the list as soon as I know about it (often before the SAs even know). Then I call the store at least once a week in the two weeks before the release date and then everyday near/after the release date to see if they have it in stock yet. Some times I'll even deal with two stores since the one closest to me (still an hour away) bumbled the Alma BB Amarante launch for me and now I don't trust them at all. (never called me, told me they didn't have one, and then when I went in just to window shop, there one was on the shelf). Keep calling though, maybe someone will return a Christmas gift (if you're okay with returns). or more will come in stock. Next time, be a huge pest to be sure you get the bag at release. :graucho:

Thanks for the advice! :smile:. I met a really nice SA last night when I bought my Lockit Voyage. I have an appointment with her this afternoon to view some RTW and more limited items. I briefly told her about the XL, and she stated that the store never received it. I find that odd, because I tried it on just a few days before US tPFers got their calls that they could pick up their bags. Weird... oh well. I guess it was not meant to be.

Sadly, u have to be a maniac. I HAD to have the bohemian when it came out spring/summer 2010. I called and called and put my name on lists. I got lied to by a store that had it and then it miraculously disappeared. Finally, I found it in Florida n did a charge send. My regular store didn't get it in for a month, but I had to have it before that. I couldn't lose it!

Sadly, u have to be a maniac. I HAD to have the bohemian when it came out spring/summer 2010. I called and called and put my name on lists. I got lied to by a store that had it and then it miraculously disappeared. Finally, I found it in Florida n did a charge send. My regular store didn't get it in for a month, but I had to have it before that. I couldn't lose it!

Oh yes, I remember your wonderful reveal on the Bohemian! Fabulous bag! How is it holding up?

Omg I love that bag. It's gorgeous! I only use it in the spring summer. Try checking the resale site in a few weeks. Sometimes the limiteds pop up on there. Did u try 866 Vuitton? Sometimes they can find bags that are MIA.