Rant: Holiday Customers

They send me to different departments. This time I was in Kids.

This woman comes in with a cart full of things. Like, overflowing. On top of that, the coupon was in effect. On top of THAT, there was an extra 10% on all clearance kids' stuff.

After questioning me on the prices and discounts of EVERYTHING, she also questioned me on the coupon and the amount was saving.

She must've said about 15 times that she had to get out of there, because of parking.

After all THAT, she asked me to validate her parking and nearly climbs out of her skin while waiting for me.

Finally, everything's done, I give her the parking stub and her reciept, and just said, "All RIGHT. Go."

I didn't mean to, it just slipped out.

i just don't understand why everyone waits until the last minute. i honestly don't.

it's not like christmas is a surprise. it happens every year. same date. same expectations.

My sisters were telling me today how awful the sa's have been this Christmas. I haven't had issue with a single sa - they've all been very nice and helpful. I can see my sisters being rude, though. I've shopped with them before, and they always comment that sa's treat me differently than they are treated. They are very gripey customers! I'm very undemanding and my husband and I have even made several sa's smile. I had a very pleasant shopping season this year. :smile: It's almost over, Frozen!

i just don't understand why everyone waits until the last minute. i honestly don't.

it's not like christmas is a surprise. it happens every year. same date. same expectations.

this is EXACTLY how i feel! And the same applies to Fine Print! Everyone KNOWS it's there for EVERYTHING, but most everyone REFUSES to read it! arghhhhhhh

I finished my xmas shopping last week!!! Totally DON'T want to be at the mall at this time. I almost tagged along with my brother to South Coast today. ;] But I chose to stay home and sit on my ass.

I am happy to say that I am not one of those horrible holiday shoppers. I typicall start Christmas shopping around the 1st or 2nd of December...That gives me a nice long month to get stuff for everybody. I am usually finished by the 15th or so. This year....I wasn't finished until yesterday (the 23rd). My aunt basically has the attitude that nobody should get anybody anything because it costs too much money. My opinion: it doesn't matter how much it costs, I enjoy giving gifts to the people that I love. So I went out to a very small store in my town and bought my aunt and my godmother two candle holders. They were very pretty and elegant..and cost a whopping 2,60 EUR! :smile: I also had a difficult time shopping for my mom, and just finished for her on the 22nd. Apparently there are no such thing as Pyrex glass mixing bowls in Germany, I had to go on base to get them.

Anyway, I always thank the SAs for their time when they help me, even if a product wasn't in stock...And I always wait patiently in line and at the cash register. And I always wish whoever was helping me a Happy Holiday.

Man...I having the best time reading your retail stories. I worked retail for about 8 years when I was much younger......I HATED this time of the year. Your stories bring back unpleasant but also some funny moments w/ customers....

aj

I was flying home yesterday, and the Customs guy looked surprised when I wished him a Merry Christmas! I guess everyone thinks Customs is a pain in the ass so they want to get through it (without having anything taken away from them) so they can get on their plane. But the guy working there as with the other officers probably have families and they're going to go home and spend Christmas with them.

And I'm nice to sales associates because I've been there.

There's something to be said for giving someone a genuine 'thank you!' if you really appreciate something someone does for you. A dismissive 'thanks' doesn't work all the time.