Jimmy Choo Ramona vs. Riki

lolabug

O.G.
Sep 9, 2008
hi ladies,

i'm finally ready to buy a new fall bag, but need something classic and in black (i know, boring :smile:. any thoughts on the riki vs. the ramona? i'm taller, so don't want a small looking bag, but the ramona seems huge in some of the pictures i've seen (depending on who's carrying, i guess). i'm ordering from either the jimmy choo website or neiman marcus, so i won't have a chance to try before i buy (though i've coveted the ramona for almost 2 years now and have seen that before)....

any advice would be appreciated - thanks :sweatdrop:

I'm 5'10" and I think that the Ramona is just my size but I currently only have the Riki and for me, it's too small. I think that when it's time to wear a coat, I won't be able to put it on my shoulder comfortably. Note: I'm not a thin tall chick anymore. I'm a plus size. :smile:

I'm 5'9" and have both. I have the Ramona in Navy and the Riki in mink. I like the convenience of the smaller bag, the Riki, but overall prefer the Ramona as it seems to look better on me and is easier to get in and out of.

i knew i was going to lose sleep if i didn't just drive over to the mall, so i made my way over and tried on both...the ramona it is! i really hope some kind of crazy neiman's discount coupon falls out of the sky in the next few days :smile: thanks, ladies!

I'm 5'6" and have always been a Riki girl. It took me 3 yrs to aquire my first Ramona because it was so beautiful that I couldn't resist. I soon afterwards bought a second in eel because it was an extreme steal and again I couldn't resist. I have become acustomed to the larger bag and if you're 5'9" you will definately enjoy the Ramona. Besides the black leather is pretty soft and doesn't give as big of an appearance as a stiffer leather. As for your big discount from the sky, we're all always dreaming of that one :crybaby:

Hmmm...that's like choosing which arm I like better! I'm shorter, so in general I prefer the Riki, but once I finally got around to using a Ramona, it's wonderful. Sorry...I'm no help!

I'm 5'6" and prefer the Ramona. I am also, as they say, "Rubenesque." My friend who is 5', is tiny and also loves the Ramona.

I saw an authentic one on eBay in biker leather with watersnake trim...a much sought after classic Choo.

well, i'm only 5'5" , but love the look of a bigger bag. it was just so hard to tell from the jc website. i've seen the ramona over the years, but couldn't really remember the difference between that and riki, so it was hard to compare. i was driving myself crazy about it, so i got in the car and drove over to neiman's! read thru a few other posts and realize i can just order it from bergdorf (no tax), so that's very helpful...i always knew i had an addiction, i just didn't know there was an outlet like this with others to enable me. love it. :heart:

I just ordered a Lg. Ramona in Red from Bluefly (20% off) so I paid $1491.95 I don't know if this is any different then NM, shipping is free. It should be here today! By the way, I am a little worried about the weight of this bag. Does anyone know how heavy it is? Bluefly says 3 Lbs., but they are always high.