Jimmy Choo Ramona or Rikki??

aarthurdc

May 18, 2007
Hi all,

I just came back from Saks and am in love with both the new Mink color Ramona and Rikki. I originally planned to buy the Ramona, but surprisingly think I liked the Rikki on me a little better. It is not really that small, but I guess relative to the Ramona, it is...right? I had a Mahala, and like the size...but that is just a different bag.

I am usually a "big" bag girl...but I don't carry that much in my big bags. I am 5'4" if that helps your thoughts...

My SA said that she thinks the Rikki "shows" nicer...I just can't decide...

I am so used to big bags...but maybe now a change? It is such a great color and cool bag.

Help!

Arti

Hi Arti:

It really is personal preference. I like big bags, so I am not a big fan of the riki, although I have one. I prefer the Ramona.

A Riki is L14 x H9 x W9. A Ramona is L16 x H11 x W11.

I really don't think size has anything to do with the bag showing nicer. I have an XL Ramona in drummed navy that I think shows the leather off much better than the smaller ramona or riki, but just my two cents.

I would try on each, walk around in the store, and see which one fits you best.

Thanks! You are right..it is personal preference. I just can't decide. I did the walk around...all the girls at Saks said "the small one"...I think I was dumbfounded that they said the small one...since they all know I love large bags.

So...I guess I will just figure it out...thanks for your input. The navy is GOREGEOUS!

Personal/shmersonal! Get the Riki!!! :yes: I have 2 Riki's and a Ramona and I very much prefer the Riki (I'm 5' 5")! :love::heart::love:

No, the Ramona/Riki debate has been raging on forever and in the end it really is what you prefer, but if all the SA's are telling you the Riki looked best on you (and it is cheaper so they weren't in it for the money!), and if I'M tellin' you to go for the Riki, what with me being a "stylist to the stars" and all....well....we can't all be wrong, eh? ;)

Do let us know what you decide, they are both beautiful bags! :tup:

I, too am a Riki fan. But like Stinker said...get what you like best. Not someone else or you will always wonder. (maybe the SA's want to keep all the Ramonas for the sale so they can get them!)

I just saw the ring in Navy drummed leather and you are right...that color/leather combo is TDF!

I'm 5' 1 and I love the Size of the Ramona :wlae: Personally, every Choo lover has their preference and that is why they offer it in different sizes :yahoo:

I recommend going and trying your items in both bags and walking around with your items in the bag. It is very hard to get a good idea until you add things of your own to make it feel more like what you would carry everyday!

Good Luck on your decision, but either bag is a Wonderful Choice:choochoo:

Echoing it is really Your preference at the end of that day.
I personally would go for the Ramona. I have an XL. (A "pretty" huge bag, love it though may I add!) So I totally feel where you are coming from, that you will be going beyond your "comfort zone". Now, I offer another perspective. Take a look too how you feel towards the leather, the feel, the character of the color.. It is bold enough for you that a Rikki would be sufficient, or you want a lot of it to love in a Ramona? I think if I'm in your position that would be my mindset. Hayy.. so many beautiful choices!! Let us know what's the ending.. Goodluck! :tup:

Oh my...you all are so sweet! Thanks for the advice. I think I am leaning toward the Ramona. I am selling a LV bag right now on ebay
(which is another large bag-the Griet), and waiting for that to sell. Also, Saks has friends and family next weekend -25% includes JC...so, I will get one of them, and let you all know which one. They are both on hold until I tell me SA which one...

I like the Mink color...I know it is kind of "boring" because it is a neutral, but...it will go with everything...it seems practical!

Au contraire, mon frère....JC is never boring! I totally agree with Abi in that the leather itself will sometimes guide you towards the bag that is "you"! :girlsigh:

The drummed leather is a substantial leather and I don't know that it would come across the same in a Riki as it would a Ramona (or a Ring). So if you love the Ramona....Hun...go for it! :tup:

Hi all,

I just came back from Saks and am in love with both the new Mink color Ramona and Rikki. I originally planned to buy the Ramona, but surprisingly think I liked the Rikki on me a little better. It is not really that small, but I guess relative to the Ramona, it is...right? I had a Mahala, and like the size...but that is just a different bag.

I am usually a "big" bag girl...but I don't carry that much in my big bags. I am 5'4" if that helps your thoughts...

My SA said that she thinks the Rikki "shows" nicer...I just can't decide...

I am so used to big bags...but maybe now a change? It is such a great color and cool bag.

Help!

Arti

I think your SA is right :smile: Riki somehow is just the right size. If you don't carry much in your bags and don't need the size, I'd say go for Riki. If it helps, I am 5'8" and think that Ramona is too big for me.

Oh my...you all are so sweet! Thanks for the advice. I think I am leaning toward the Ramona. I am selling a LV bag right now on ebay
(which is another large bag-the Griet), and waiting for that to sell. Also, Saks has friends and family next weekend -25% includes JC...so, I will get one of them, and let you all know which one. They are both on hold until I tell me SA which one...

I like the Mink color...I know it is kind of "boring" because it is a neutral, but...it will go with everything...it seems practical!

aarthurdc - I too, really like the mink color. My mother had a taupe persian lamb coat with a mink collar in that same color. It is not boring at all. For me, a 5'6" Rubenesque gal, the Ramona looks best on me and hangs well on the shoulder. But my friend who is 5'1", and 100 pounds sopping wet, wears the Ramona and it looks great on her, too!