Rakuten shopping using paypal

yuko93

Nov 4, 2013
Hi, I recently purchased an item from Rakuten, but I find something odd. After purchasing I went through my bank statement and it shows that I paid my payment to zhushihuish via paypal with the item i purchased on rakuten? Has anyone experience this before? I am confused. Is this a scam? The seller isn't responding at all. The seller is O-kura on rakuten, if you had any buying experience from him, please share.
I first used my credit card paying and it was successfully but the fund wasn't took out from my account yet. Next day I received an email from seller saying they cannot accept foreign credit cards, so I have to pay with paypal. The seller sent me a link that takes me to paypal and the payment went successful. After 2 days the seller provided me with a tracking number. I am now waiting for the item. zhushihuish does not sound like japanese..... It's more like a Chinese name.

I think... the first payment with your credit card didn't go through but you better checking with your cc company to double check the charge. They should be able to see the voided transaction. Or you can ask them to block any incoming charge from the seller.
If you pay with PayPal, you shouldn't worry too much. They protect buyer pretty good. Just pay attention to the tracking. Personally I prefer to use PayPal when I buy from stores/sellers whom I don't know much. Just because I don't have to reveal my cc information to them.
I haven't used Rakuten but I'm fairly sure you'll be OK.