Rain/Water stains on Monogram

LaGeekChic

Luxury Lover
Jan 26, 2012
So I am getting closer to deciding which bag I am going to buy next week.

I am going for the Speedy 30 or 35. I am between Monogram and Damier Ebene.

I am sorry if this question has been answered many times before, but I am getting to a point where I am driving myself crazy over which print to choose. (I'm a Libra - so very bad at making decisions!)

I like the Monogram print better than the Damier Ebene (though I LOVE this print also), but the thing that keeps me from deciding is the water stains on the Monogram. I don't mind the patina (as long as it patinas evenly). But what I do worry about, is water stains. It rains a lot here and I hear that the vachetta will show water stains. Is there any way you can wipe them off? Protect the leather from getting those stains? Anything?

I'm a libra too and have this problem !!! I have just decided to take the plunge. I ordered a mon mono speedy 40 and I'm just gonna use it and try to not worry about watermarks. I've heard so many mixed opinions on protecting or not protecting with a treatment product. And some say the watermarks dry up, others say they leave spots.

I've decided to stop thinking about it and just use my bag untreated and deal with it. It's gonna be hard. I'll let you know how it goes when I get the bag (I'm still waiting for it to arrive !!)

I'm a libra too and have this problem !!! I have just decided to take the plunge. I ordered a mon mono speedy 40 and I'm just gonna use it and try to not worry about watermarks. I've heard so many mixed opinions on protecting or not protecting with a treatment product. And some say the watermarks dry up, others say they leave spots.

I've decided to stop thinking about it and just use my bag untreated and deal with it. It's gonna be hard. I'll let you know how it goes when I get the bag (I'm still waiting for it to arrive !!)

Thank you!! Good to hear there is something in the same boat! Hope it arrives soon, I am getting my bag the weekend after next haha.

I have a speedy azur 25 and I use it one time now I keep having second thoughts and thinking will the damier be better but then again I have a lot of damier bags already and I wouldn't want to get a another speedy either.
Trying to love my azur speedy more :P

I treat my handles with Mink Oil (found in the shoe polish section at Wal Mart or Target) and that waterproofs them. You can also use Lovin My Bags or Apple Guard.

I have a damier keepall, damier sac plat and damier accessories (and a vernis zippy). I definitely love damier too !!! And it is more carefree and durable.

Is this your first bag ??

I have a damier keepall, damier sac plat and damier accessories (and a vernis zippy). I definitely love damier too !!! And it is more carefree and durable.

Is this your first bag ??

Yeah my first LV :smile: That is also why I am really considering getting the Monogram print. But it won't be my last, that's for sure! Already having my eye on a second and third one.

I treat my LV raw leather bags with Apple leather conditioner lotion (not the spray) and it comes out great and protects from water and food stains. I have been doing this for over 5 years.

My first 2 Louis bags back in the early 2000's got rained on and the water stains were pretty much permanent. I sold both bags on ebay because I thought the marks were really unattractive.

Reactions: Kodi325
I treat my LV raw leather bags with Apple leather conditioner lotion (not the spray) and it comes out great and protects from water and food stains. I have been doing this for over 5 years.

My first 2 Louis bags back in the early 2000's got rained on and the water stains were pretty much permanent. I sold both bags on ebay because I thought the marks were really unattractive.

Sounds great. And this really works when you waterproof them with a treatment? I hope I can find something like this in Germany.

baby wipes... i don't treat my vachetta with anything... that what my SA said... but to keep it clean i use baby wipes... all my bags are as gorgeous (even patina'd) as the day i got them... baby wipes gets rid of water stains too... :smile: hope this helps...

baby wipes... i don't treat my vachetta with anything... that what my SA said... but to keep it clean i use baby wipes... all my bags are as gorgeous (even patina'd) as the day i got them... baby wipes gets rid of water stains too... :smile: hope this helps...

I've heard baby wipes too. But I assume that you do have to wipe off the stains shortly after they get on there? Because a lot of people say they don't wipe off. (Assuming they've left it on there for too long).

I've heard baby wipes too. But I assume that you do have to wipe off the stains shortly after they get on there? Because a lot of people say they don't wipe off. (Assuming they've left it on there for too long).

I wipe it as soon as I can... sometimes it stays there for a long time something it does not... again... my bags are still super gorgeous and clean...

Be warned with the baby wipes. Many people have good things to say but I ruined my Azur Speedy handles using alcohol free baby wipes. I am a firm believer in the Mink Oil. It definitely works and I use it on all my vachetta. I have been stuck in the rain with my Artsy & Delightful and had zero water marks after.

I've heard that once your vachetta gets wet, you should just let it air dry and eventually the patina will cause any marks to blend in. I just avoid using mono bags on rainy days. I'm careful with them, but if something spills on them, there's not too much that I can do about it. So I just enjoy using my bags. I think I accidentally got wrinkle-releaser spray on part of one of the straps of my BH. I can see tiny speckles on the leather. But it's not noticeable to anyone but me, and I'm accustomed to it now. Eventually the patina will hide those little speckles. If you want mono, go ahead and get it, and enjoy it. You can spray it with Apple Gard if that reassured you. I've heard it works well.