Rain and stain

acm1134

Nov 9, 2013
Raleigh, NC
So I bought the rain and stain repellent from Michael Kors and just used it on my new luggage soft leather Hamilton and these spots all of a sudden came up. Is this normal ?? Will they go away ? Or is my bag ruined ? :sad: ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404428955.593407.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404428975.446427.jpg

Jul 4, 2014
OH! Thank goodness it dried! I had used the rain and stain repellent on my white MK bag and I didn't get those spots.

lala76

Feb 23, 2013
South Carolina
Has anyone used the rain and stain on a canvas bag?
I use Rain and Stain on all of my canvas bags! It has kept all of mine perfectly clean, including the vanilla color. Not sure if you have to, but I do, as it was recommended to me by the SA at a MK boutique.

I do not, however, use R/S on Saffiano leather. I contacted MK corporate a while back, and inquired if I should and they advised me not to use it on Saffiano. :smile:

CaliChic

Apr 20, 2014
California
I use Rain and Stain on all of my canvas bags! It has kept all of mine perfectly clean, including the vanilla color. Not sure if you have to, but I do, as it was recommended to me by the SA at a MK boutique.

I do not, however, use R/S on Saffiano leather. I contacted MK corporate a while back, and inquired if I should and they advised me not to use it on Saffiano. :smile:
Ive used the r/s on all of my saffiano items and they are perfectly fine. Did they say why not to use it on saffiano leather?

ubo22

Jan 14, 2011
USA
Ive used the r/s on all of my saffiano items and they are perfectly fine. Did they say why not to use it on saffiano leather?
Since saffiano leather is already pre-treated, you shouldn't treat it again with stain and rain repellent. You can still clean and condition it like all leathers, just no stain/rain treatments. Treating it could cause color transfer.

CaliChic

Apr 20, 2014
California
Since saffiano leather is already pre-treated, you shouldn't treat it again with stain and rain repellent. You can still clean and condition it like all leathers, just no stain/rain treatments. Treating it could cause color transfer.

Oooooo i see. Thanks!