Ragdoll cats - info please :)

1. Hello there everybody. Just wondered if anybody could give me some helpful info on the gorgeous ragdoll breed. I have read alot about them, about their placid, calm temperament. But would love to know of any first hand experience, and what their coat is like etc. We have a british blue shorthair and have been offered this gorgeous little boy in the picture :nuts: . I just want to find out as much as possible about maintenance etc before I go ahead and say yes. We also have a persian, and she is a complete nightmare to keep looking nice, so just wondered if it was a similar coat or if it was slightly easier ;)

[​IMG]

2. The Ragdoll coat is slightly easier than a Persian but not much. I had to have my Ragdoll groomed once a year to get any mats off him. Any long haired cat is going to be harder to groom than a short haired one. Right now I have 4 Maine Coon cats and they have got the be the sweetest cats I have ever had. All 4 of the are lap cats and just love their people. They also get along great with my 5 other rescue cats. Look into Maine Coons if you are considering a Ragdoll. Here is where I got my Maine Coons:

Pennsylvania Maine Coon Kittens Pennsylvania Oriental kitten Pennsylvania Cat Breeder Pennsylvania Cats Pennsylvania Cat Breeders

And here is when I got my Ragdoll:

RAGDOLLS OF DOLLCHATEAU

They are both great cats.

3. I don't have a ragdoll, but I know people who has and have had ragdolls and ragdoll mixes, and they make exellent pets with a good temper and personality. It's on my list if I ever decide to get a purebred cat of some kind.
    By the way, that kitten is sooooo gorgeous! I miss having a kitten :love:

4. I've had my Rag for almost 3 yrs and she's never had a matt in her coat.I do give her a brushing weekly as the coat tends to shed a bit,but I'd say the maintenance is on a lower scale overall.

Now go get that fabulous little flame pointed guy.:smile:

5. he he, ok! but only cause you told me too ;)

She is calling me tonight, he is a big boy apparantly for nine weeks (I know the boys are bigger than the girls with this breed), and she thinks he is developed enough to go this week :nuts: . So its all moving quite fast. Will keep you updated later :yes:

6. Sooo cute!! Keep us updated on this little cutie.

7. :sad: search still continuing. The breeder has decided to keep hold of this boy for breeding :cursing: . I have to just think that this little boy was not meant to be and an even better one will come along soon :yes:

Not sure how easy it is to find the Ragdoll in the states, but is quite difficult over here :sad: Will keep you posted though on any I find ;)

8. My cat that recently passed away was a Ragdoll. :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:I spent all the money I could, gave it 24 hours of attention but unfortunately he died from somethign which there is no cure.:crybaby::crybaby:To the very end, he kept purring despite how weak he had become .

It was the sweet thing, it would follow everyone from room to room, it liked to lick/kitty kiss everyoe unless you ate garlic; greet everyone at the door, made melodic meows, played fetch, and was the easiet cat I've ever had.

As far as the coat, they are super-soft, low-shed, double coated so water proof, feels like rabbit fur and really easy to take care of, unlike the Himalayans/Persians.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice