Raffia purse advice

MissKitty23

Jun 13, 2012
Hi everyone,

I would like to buy a Raffia bag as I think it would be super cute for summer. I know Saint Laurent has a few different ones. I was thinking of either the Nikki in natural or the round one in natural but Im open to other suggestions. If anyone has a Raffia style can you post pics of yours? Tell me what you like and dont like about it. Thanks :smile:

Here are the pics of the 2 im interested in:

IMG_1363.jpeg

IMG_1362.jpeg

I’m wondering if the medium raffia Nikki is too big. I wish it came in small. Is medium Nikki a lot bigger then the Lou Camera? Would it be similar size to small puffer maybe? I have both those purses.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cookie18
Here are the pics of the 2 im interested in:

View attachment 5809643

View attachment 5809644

I’m wondering if the medium raffia Nikki is too big. I wish it came in small. Is medium Nikki a lot bigger then the Lou Camera? Would it be similar size to small puffer maybe? I have both those purses.

I’m liking the look of the Niki in raffia. Think it would be a great summer bag. Would also like to hear from someone who has it and how it’s worn.

What did you decide?

I’m liking the look of the Niki in raffia. Think it would be a great summer bag. Would also like to hear from someone who has it and how it’s worn.

What did you decide?

Hi! Thanks for replying to this. Finally someone did :smile:

I actually bought both purses. I like the medium raffia Niki but I wish the raffia style came in the baby Niki. I prefer that size in that style purse better. I only used it a few times but so far so good.

The round raffia purse is really nice. Mine is slightly different then the one posted as the one pictured is the newer style. I used it alot over the summer and got lots of compliments since its so unique looking. This one is holding up well too.

Reactions: mal
Hi! I know this is an old thread but was wondering how your bags are holding up? I’m thinking of getting a raffia shoulder bag from saint laurent as a vacation dinner bag, so I’m very curious!! Thank you!

Reactions: Cookie18
Hi! I know this is an old thread but was wondering how your bags are holding up? I’m thinking of getting a raffia shoulder bag from saint laurent as a vacation dinner bag, so I’m very curious!! Thank you!
They are holding up very well. I take the round raffia purse on vacation with me and Ive had no issues. I love the raffia style. Perfect for summer!

Reactions: Model T
No problem! I dont own any Prada purses but I just looked up their raffia styles and they have some really nice ones!

Which Saint Laurent raffia shoulder bag were you thinking of getting?
I’m thinking of the YSL Le 5 to 7 or this Prada mini! The YSL seems more practical/functional but the Prada is soooo cute. The Prada is wicker not raffia though. I already have a beach tote, so I’m looking for more of an around town/dinner bag.

Attachments

• IMG_2903.jpeg
    IMG_2903.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2904.png
    IMG_2904.png
    114.6 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: MissKitty23
I’m thinking of the YSL Le 5 to 7 or this Prada mini! The YSL seems more practical/functional but the Prada is soooo cute. The Prada is wicker not raffia though. I already have a beach tote, so I’m looking for more of an around town/dinner bag.

Those are both gorgeous! Its a tough choice! I almost bought the Le 5 to 7 but ended up buying the Gaby in raffia as I wanted another crossbody. I still might buy it one day. :biggrin:

I have this Prada in the bigger size and it is adorable! Perfect for summer! I also loved the YSL and when I was in Paris earlier this month I tried in on and it was so cheap looking. I recommend the Prada over the YSL 100%!

Reactions: Model T
I generally don’t like to wear cross body actually! I prefer shoulder bags so the saint laurent makes more sense in that aspect, but as @0Mary says, it is a little “flat” so to speak? Like floppy, but that might be a good thing! I’m going to the stores next weekend and will report back (:

Reactions: MissKitty23 and mal