Rachel McAdams

What that tpf member said is just sad and ignorant on her/his part IMO.
Believe it or not Rachel and Ryan hated each other during the filming of "The Notebook", they dated afterwards (I read this in an interview of Ryan's, he had said it). I think we want to see them together because it started with The Notebook and than we saw them madly in love. I dont know, but I would rather see them together, and its not because of the looks.
That member got called on it, but when a few ppl started in on her, I believe she edited out that 'memorable' comment. :hrmm: Then I think her retort to the posters who saw the unedited comment was "Simmer down". :huh:

One of the posters who saw the unedited comment said (something to the effect of): "I have been a longtime member and read many rude and appalling things on the forum, but that comment is the ugliest one I've ever had the displeasure of seeing. You talk about not being seen with ugly people, but your comment reflects how ugly you are on the inside."

And yes, you're right, I do remember that the two weren't fond of each other during filming. I recall that interview, too. I guess I'm here shrugging my shoulders about it all because there isn't a clear cut reason for preferring to see Ryan and Rachel together than Rachel and Michael. Your reason is "I would rather see them together, and its not because of the looks."

Maybe I'll never get a definitive answer... To me, though, it just seemed it had to do with looks/age. It can't be because Michael's an ass, dumb as rocks, or a poor actor. He's been nominated and won various awards. He's well respected in the Hollywood community and among fans. He's not a bad guy. Yet all the comments I've seen revolve around needing to find her way back to Ryan and just giving walking papers to Michael.

I haven't commented on it yet but just want to say- if they are both happy then who in the heck cares? I mean- we don't know them, we have no idea what went on behind closed doors in their previous relationships (or even this one) but if they enjoy being together and things work out then good for them, it is no-ones business but THEIRS...

For the record, I'm fine w/differing opinions concerning who a celeb dates. :yes: All I'm trying to ascertain is why all the comments that Michael's somehow chopped liver to Ryan, and that Rachel needs to hightail it back to Ryan. :confused1: I am trying to understand ppl's rationale behind it, and I'm coming up short (aside from my interpretation that it's based off superficial reasons alone). :shrugs:

BagOuttaHell, can you specify your reasons why you have this preference since you also stated it's not due to looks? It's apparent that you are familiar with Michael's work, and btw, yes, ITA that Michael gave brilliant performances in "The Queen" and "Frost/Nixon". :tup:

They looked hot together. And I liked them in the NB. Then I saw on IMDB that they were born in the same hospital two years apart and are the same sign. I'm shallow like that. Otherwise I know nothing about them. I was late to the party. I didn't even know they were together until they broke up! I just saw NB for the first time earlier this year.

They looked hot together. And I liked them in the NB. Then I saw on IMDB that they were born in the same hospital two years apart and are the same sign. I'm shallow like that. Otherwise I know nothing about them. I was late to the party. I didn't even know they were together until they broke up! I just saw NB for the first time earlier this year.
Hi BagOuttaHell, sorry you missed it the first go round when "The Notebook" was released, but at least you discovered it recently. :smile:

Hmmm...your comment of "they looked hot together"...how does this differ from Michael and Rachel? Do they somehow not look hot together? :confused1: Doesn't your comment of "they looked hot together" support my contention that ppl seemingly prefer Rachel w/Ryan based on superficial reasons?

Your comment of "I liked them in the NB" and IMDB comment concerning same signs, hospital, etc. And then your subsequent "I'm shallow like that" statement...well, what can I say about that? :P I guess I interpret that as being a romantic at heart, and you think they're somehow fated/written in the stars to be together.

As noted in my previous post, IA that they were cute in the movie. Cute that they once went out. However, not so cute that they publicly had a break-up/got back together/break-up cycle. :nogood: I mean, why wish for the two of them to be together again if they didn't have a consistent relationship? What you see in the movies are character portrayals, and just because it was true love in the film, it's not real life, ya know what I mean? :shrugs: Sh*t happens, as they say...

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to elaborate. :supacool:

I just liked them in the movie. I don't know the backstory of the two. If she stays with Sheen and she is happy well good for her. And them. Having seen the preview for Rachel's new movie with Harrison Ford and I think Diane Keaton leaves me wondering why she isn't getting more roles when ungrateful hags like Katherine Heigl is being shoved down my throat.

The NB is the type of movie that I generally hate and would never see. I just happen to catch it at a friend's house. My idea of a good romance is Fatal Attraction. (j/k) Soo nooo I don't consider myself a romantic at heart. haha.

These forums are just for fun and for our entertainment. I don't understand why sometimes some people take it so seriously and take such offense over people we don't know. Why?

Last edited:
BagOuttaHell, Fair enough, and LMAO to your Fatal Attraction comment (though I happen to love that film, too). ;)

quynh_1206: I will just assume you are lumping me into your query. Like I said in a prior post, it doesn't matter to me if ppl have differing thoughts. And really, if you look at the celeb forum, we talk about a multitude of topics that aren't just fluffy and superficial. Infidelity, racism, impossible beauty standards, etc. I had a legitimate query that was weighing on my mind so I don't see what's the problem. :confused1: A mod changed the title of this thread to simply "Rachel McAdams" a day or so ago...I will assume she read the contents before changing the title, and if she didn't see any issue with my queries, then hey, I'll assume it's fine and dandy.

Rachel McAdams pretties up the November 2010 cover of InStyle, on stands this week.

The 31-year-old Canadian actress has a new movie with Harrison Ford coming out on November 12th. She plays a hotshot television producer set on reviving a struggling morning show program, despite the constant feuding of its high-profile anchors.

FYI: Rachel is currently dating Welsh actor Michael Sheen — they were spotted holding hands earlier this month. There are even steamier photos taken of them that will premiere tonight on ET Canada!

attachment.php

Attachments

• rachel-mcadams-instyle-november-2010.jpg
    rachel-mcadams-instyle-november-2010.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 402
Can you imagine being an actress and having complete strangers who've never met you coming to (virtual) blows over whether your current crush or your ex-boyfriend is best for you?!?! :P:greengrin:

I love Rachel McAdams - have the biggest girl-crush on her and Amanda Seyfried. I hope she ends up happy with a guy who treats her well - I don't care who he is, frankly.

Also, I will be at "Morning Glory" on opening night. :P Stalkerish yet? :biggrin:

Can you imagine being an actress and having complete strangers who've never met you coming to (virtual) blows over whether your current crush or your ex-boyfriend is best for you?!?! :P:greengrin:

I love Rachel McAdams - have the biggest girl-crush on her and Amanda Seyfried. I hope she ends up happy with a guy who treats her well - I don't care who he is, frankly.

Also, I will be at "Morning Glory" on opening night. :P Stalkerish yet? :biggrin:

:lol:

She looks great on the cover. I cant wait till she has to do press and interviews.

I understand, but why? Simply because she looked better with him? Honestly, that's all I'm getting from the comments, esp. the comment, "Ew..she is 1000x better looking than him...come on Rachel, you can do better". So ppl should only be in the company of those on the same attractiveness level? :oh: This reminds me of that tpf member who 'memorably' stated she doesn't like hanging out/having friends who look ugly because it's embarrassing. :wtf:

Oookay so I am the one that said "Ew..she is 100x better than him..she can do better".

This is a PUBLIC message board. As far as my comment was concerned, I am not breaking any TPF rules. Why do we even bother having celebrity threads if we will just called out for our opinions? Does everything we post here need to be sweet sugary and positive? I highly doubt Rachel doesn't read this thread and it's not like I'm spamming her Twitter or personal mail box with this...I fully believe that we are allowed to speculate about celebrities lives..esp when they choose to live their lives in the spotlight.

And for the record, I see nothing wrong with wanting to surround yourself with beautiful people. I'm not saying thats how *I* personally live my life, but to some people, image means a lot. And unless that mentality is personally affecting your life, it shouldn't bother you because we all have different priorities in life.

Anyways. Back top topic. Rachel is a gorgeous girl and I think the brown hair suits her better but she does look amazing on the InStyle cover!