Race Relations ??

Jan 23, 2006
I was raised to except everybody for who they are regardless of colour or religion. I have always been international when it came to dating. I also married out side my race.

Would you date outside your race ?

Have you dated outside your race?

Would you ever marry outside your race ?

Please share your views and experiences.

interesting thread :P.......the majority of the guys i've dated haven't been my race, which is funny because i have extremely strict asian parents who say i'll marry someone not korean over their dead body......but i would definitely consider marrying outside my race, and i think i'll probably end up doing so (sorry mom and dad :wondering)

i think for me it's just that i didn't grow up around a lot of asian people, never really had all that many asian friends, so i'm less "asian" than a lot of people i know, but race doesn't really matter to me.....if a guy's hot he's hot, regardless of what race/nationality/ethnicity he is :smile:

I have dated outside of my race. Before I was married a dated 2 Latin men. As far as marring, I'm all ready married, :P to an Irishman. But if I wasn't married I would marry outside of my race as long as the relationship was good.

I encourage my daughters to date outside of their race and religion. You never know who your friends will be, who you will date, and who you will live with. They need to be ready to accept change when necessary!

I'm hispanic, not really a race, more an ethnicity. I consider myself white. I am dating a guy who is white. I would date someone of a different race, it's not about the color of their skin, but about whether I like them as a person :amuse: And find them cute, of course :P

my parents always dreamed of me marrying someone of my race, i dated a few but was never really into them. i'm really attracted to exotic mixed races. i married outside my race. my husband is jamaican, afro-american, puerto rican, indian, and irish.

Being half Native American, quarter Japanese and a quarter Korean my father (Native American) particularly raised us to be accepting of all races. So, my immediate family is made up of many races/nationalities which include, African American, French, German, Russian, Chinese, and Irish. When we are all together, which is often, it makes me very proud to be with such an eclectic group of loving and caring people. I often think why can't the world be as respectful, accepting and as kind to each other. I don't mean to babble on, but I feel very strongly about this issue because I'm particularly close to my Nephew who is of African American/French decent, I don't have to tell you how much racism still exist...for this reason I DO NOT tolerate any kind of racism whether it be jokes or ignorant remarks! It breaks my heart to see such hatred towards innocent people because of their race/nationality!

I've dated Persian men and Caucasian men. Lots of Jewish boys (though I guess I can't accurately call that a race).

Never an Asian guy though, I swear something about me doesn't appeal to them.

I'm open to any race, though! So are my folks... they wouldn't care who I brought home so long as he's a decent guy.

Would you date outside your race ? Yes
Have you dated outside your race? No, I was never "asked out" by someone of a different race,and I was always too shy to make the 1st move, regardless of race. :o)

Would you ever marry outside your race ? If I wasn't already married, yes, I would.

Please share your views and experiences
. I have no problems with interracial couples, I think people who do are ridiculous. You fall in love with the person, not their skin/eye or hair color. My best friend from 2nd grade is part of an interacial couple, and I don't think you could find a more perfect match for either of them. :o)

I'm mixed..even though racially i consider myself to be mostly asian (my mom's half chinese half brit, dad's half seno-kadazan half philipino spanish):worried:... but wasn't really raised the traditional asian way even though i can blend in sort of 'sufficiently'. :cry: so i guess mentally i'm not so asian.
Funny enough, asian guys either don't find me appealing at all or they only find me physically appealing(those of which have to be westernized). :weird: i've mostly dated outside of my race,so of course i don't have a problem with it...but i've got no qualms about dating a guy from my race too.. but so far it's only happened once.
i don't think it's so much the physical aspects about interracial dating/marriage i think it's more about the culture and understanding between each other that makes it an issue... but that's JMO... :cool:

Would you date outside your race ? Yes.

Have you dated outside your race? Yes, I'm Chinese in ethnicity and my BF of 5+ years is half-Indian, half-American.

Would you ever marry outside your race ? Yes, I'm going to marry him in a few years.

Please share your views and experiences...the funny thing is, I was never attracted to men from my ethnicity. Not sure why. It's just like how some guys aren't into blondes or aren't into Asian girls. I'm not attracted to African American men either.