R.O.A. (Remembering Our Angels)...

justkell

peace & love
O.G.
Jan 23, 2007
An idea came to me the other night when I was trying to fall asleep. I currently have 3 dogs: a beagle, a puggle, and a chihuahua. My husband and I have a king sized bed but, all 3 of my dogs choose to sleep on my side of the bed, while my husband gets his half all to himself. Needless to say, I was very uncomfortable, hence the reason I was having problems falling asleep. I had a chihuahua named Bruiser who passed on 7/21/10. He slept in the same spot on the bed every single night, at the very end on my side, but towards the middle more. To this day, none of my dogs (even the chihuahua who has never met him) will sleep in Bruiser's spot.

The whole point of my long winded story (sorry) is that with the problem I was having falling asleep with how uncomfortable I was, it made me think of how these dogs have the entire bed to sleep where they want, and not once do they ever touch Bruiser's spot. And it made me smile that Bruiser still has his paw print on our lives even though he isn't here. It's little moments here and there that a sweet memory of Bruiser will find its way into my mind. On here everyone is always talking about the things their current pets are doing and did, etc. I thought it would be nice to have a specific thread where we can all share things from our current every day lives that reminds us and makes us think of the angels we lost. I thought this would be a nice place for everyone to share their own R.O.A. (Remembering Our Angels) moments. I know I would love to hear them. :smile:

Another moment I had the other day was my current chihuahua, Rosco P, was in a playful mood and was running back and forth from the living room to the kitchen with a huge smile on his face and making such a cute panting noise as he ran, just like Bruiser used to do. And just for a minute when I closed my eyes, I could imagine it was Bruiser running through the rooms in the house, and it made me smile.

I remember my lovebird, Kiddo, he passed in March 2011 from a serious disease, I loved him dearly, he could dance! My current lovebird, Stormy, I thought that he was dancing when he was just making himself a bed...... i miss Kiddo SO much though.