Quick Reveal and a Rant. Need Coachie Luv!

Who knows....That SA probably has fake purse parties at her home, and might have been somewhat serious.
gi78.gif

She looked up and said, "Do you want a fake?"

How strange!!! But, do remember, alot of these Macy's SAs NEVER see anything but signature bags...and they NEVER see a Legacy bag. Your Legacy Tote is BEAUTIFUL! The garcia leather is wonderful, isn't it? Enjoy...and thanks for sharing it with us.

Well they rarely see leather at that Macy's! :rolleyes:

Yes, the garcia leather is great. Thank you!

Txmommyto2 and TxCoachGirlie - Fruitcake is the word of the day! And she probably does have purse parties!

Thanks everyone for your support. I feel much better after coming here and hearing your funny comments. Cheered me up! I also felt better after talking to the manager...even if she does nothing, at least she listened!!! Thanks friends!

(((Group Hug)))

No, no...mismatch good! Love "random coordination" of Coach accessories. Matchy matchy = boring. LOL!

Your new bag is sweet!! Petting new purse...good!!

Macy's..ugh. The closest Macy's to my part of town just got worse and worse in the last few years. Very ghetto. At one point they didn't even carry Coach or Dooney. Even more ghetto. Turns out they're closing it. Gonna level the entire mall, actually.

Enjoy! :yahoo:

OK, first off...LOVE the new bag! I have a bag from the same line and the leather is TDF!!! I'm sure she'll be a great "go to" bag for ya!

Here's my thought on the SA...do you all think MAYBE she was proposing something?! Maybe she herself sell's replica's or knows someone who does! I wasen't there so I don't know the "tone" she used BUT maybe that's what she was getting at???? In any case, rude, inapropriate and needs to be REPORTED ASAP!!!

On the UP side...enjoy the great new Coach bag!!!

^^^^ Call back and report her!
Who knows....That SA probably has fake purse parties at her home, and might have been somewhat serious.
gi78.gif

I thought this same thing immediately and I am 110% positive that Macys would frown upon one of their sales associates soliciting a Macys customer to try and sell them counterfeit goods while on company property and on company time.
Not only from the legal aspects in regards to counterfitting but also that would possibly be taking away from Macys retail sales if someone were to accept the offer to buy a fake from her (or someone she knows) instead of a purse from Macys.
I would be willing to bet that this 'situation' is grounds for dismissal.

Now my rant. I heard about good deals people had received recently at Macy's including pony tail scarves. So went to my Macy's, which I hate. It only has siggie and the people never know anything. I waited around for at least 15 minutes and no one was in the area. I finally walked over to the shoe department and an SA came over to the Coach counter (that's all there is, one counter). I asked if they had any scarves or legacy wristlets or anything non siggie. (I was very polite). While I was talking to this woman, the SA who was supposed to be working came over. I told her that I loved Coach and was wondering if they could order some leather bags in addition to sig. She said they had no control over what came. I told her I thought scarves would sell really well, too bad they didn't get have them, etc. I was very polite and trying to make small talk so she would notice me, because she was basically ignoring me. I am carrying my new purse (above) which I had just cut the tags off. I mentioned that I go online to tPF and lots of people had been getting good deals lately. She looked up and said, "Do you want a fake?" My husband was standing by me and he walked away because he thought I was going to blow! But actually I stood there with my mouth open...SPEECHLESS. I finally just said, "No, I don't carry fakes" and walked away. I am so mad right now. :censor::mad::rant: I need some Coachie love!

BTW. I think the reason she said "do you want a fake?" is because you told her about all the good deals the ladies on the forum were getting and she was implying that they were getting good deals because they were buying fakes. That's my two cents :shrugs:

^Yeah, I may agree with Neliza^ She may have heard or read somewhere that fake bags are made illegally and in sweatshops by 7-year old children, et cetera ... and put 2+2 together. Sometimes, in her case, a little information is dangerous because her assumption was erroneous and she jumped to conclusions and spoke badly to you.

She may have even thought that she did a good thing by informing you that fake bags are a no-no.

I know, it's alot of assuming and thinking for a person whom we've never met, but this explanation seems quite plausible.

Last edited:
Your new bag is sweet!! Petting new purse...good!!
Ha, Pursanista, I'm still petting her!

enjoy the great new Coach bag!!!
Lovecoachmore - thanks, she went for her first outing today!

Carrie - thanks for the advice! I did call and talked to a very nice manager. She seemed genuinely interested in my comments!

Babyvivtan, Neliza & T-Girl: I was hoping the SA somehow misunderstood too. Today I had lunch with one of my good friends and was telling her the story. She said "Oh, I bet I know who it was!" and described the SA perfectly. She kind of knows the SA and said she is a rude b-witch to everyone. Whenever my friend comes in the store, the SA will turn away to avoid her. She must think she's Mrs. Macy!! As if my friend really wants to talk to her anyway! Ha. So after my friend told me that, I didn't feel bad about reporting the mean old bag!

But I love your bag, the gold charm looks great on it
Kayyle - Thank you for the compliments!

Actually thank you all again for the warm fuzzies!