Quick Question - asprin masks! How do I make one?

tiny dancer

counting headlights
Jun 24, 2007
what other ingredients do i need to combine it with? is there anything special i have to do? how long do you keep yours on for? is it safe for all skin types? (i have oily/combination skin)

thanks in advance!:flowers:

Crush up 5-6 uncoated aspirins, add a few drops of water to disintegrate, add to either yogurt, honey, aloe vera gel or queen helene mint julep mask. Leave on for 20 minutes and rinse.

I have been using it lately. Really works well. I have oily skin and right now im on my period. This is the time where my face breaks out alot. with the mask, I havent seen one pimple. My skin is glowing (shine from smooth pores not oils)

I have also been using it on my back as I have old acne marks back there. They havent gone away completely but they are getting smaller. I think if I keep using it they should be less noticable soon.

Use three times a week before you go to bed.

Crush up 5-6 uncoated aspirins, add a few drops of water to disintegrate, add to either yogurt, honey, aloe vera gel or queen helene mint julep mask. Leave on for 20 minutes and rinse.
Thats what is so great about it, you can totally customize it to your skins needs! Its a great little trick, Ive been using for about a year now. Now that my skin has returned to normal over the last few months, i havent needed a FULL mask... a few times a week I will dissolve about 2 aspirins in my hand, add my face wash and use it that way (of course avoiding eyes!). Still works wondefully!

Wow thanks so much for the great help guys!
i agree - by the looks of it, you really can mix it up with other ingredients to suit your skin type. My mum didnt believe me when I told her about the asprin mask. lol
She'll start to wonder where all the tablets have gone... ;)
hehe
again thanks for the help - didnt realise it was so easy!

When I was running out of Mario Badescu Drying Lotion, I mixed it with some aspirin paste (about half and half) and it dries up whiteheads almost instantly. It's amazing!

^ Aspirin is pure salicylic acid, which is the top ingredient in most acne products. It's a mild acid that causes dead skin cells to shed, clearing blocked pores..