Questions about size difference of Chanel 2.55 Reissue in size 227...

pro_shopper

♥dreaming of Chanel♥
Apr 26, 2007
Hey everyone!

I purchased my 2007 Chanel DS Reissue 2.55 bag used and I love it but I always found that it didn't fit very much inside...

So today I met up with one of my girlfriends for lunch and she is a major Chanel collector. Well she purchased the 2008 (i think) Metallic Black Reissue 2.55 with Black Hardware and she kept saying that my flap was smaller than hers. I obviously insisted that it was impossible since mine was a 227 size as well. Well when we got to the Chanel Boutique we compared the size of the 227 in the boutique with mine. The length and the width of both bags are the same however, mine had less depth (the 227 at the boutique had a wider base). The 227 in the boutique was probably about .5 inches wider. We also asked the SA but she wasn't very helful...she simply said that she didn't know if they did change the size...I even asked her if mine was the 227 size (just to have her confirm) and she replied that she didn't know!!!

My gf then asked me if I was positive that my bag was authentic and I replied YES!!! (I did buy the bag from a reputable seller and I had it authenticated here of course!) I am not sure if my DS 227 is from the spring/summer collection of the fall/winter collection...would this have something to do with it???

Does anyone know if Chanel changed the depth of their Reissue bags recently??? I think the 228 size also got discontinued around this time...so is it possible that they revamped the 227 size from 08 on???
Can anyone help me with this?

TIA

^Exactly. It's funny how some SAs seem to be so out of the loop. :nuts: :rolleyes: Btw, the '07 DS is one of my very favorites... the color is such a chameleon shade!! :love:

Yeah, its really weird how the SA didn't even know what size mine was...or she just didn't want to tell me? Then my girlfriend asked if she could see the book and they said that they didn't show it to people anymore! :shrugs: