Questions about See by Chloé 'Poya' Scalloped Leather Satche

If I'm honest, I would say that the make of SbyC also looks more basic (and far less handmade/finished) than the mainline; but that won't, necessarily, mean that they are less durable (and in fact, quite possibly the reverse, I would imagine?).

Personally, it does put me off, a little, though - as I suppose I have just got used to a certain level of quality?

I'm anxious to see the quality because I've always had issues with my Chloe's....hardware chipping on my paddingtons, screw popping off on marcie, paraty leather having a small slit in it....thankfully, the issues were resolved (except the chipping hardware).....BUT definitely not the level of quality I would expect from over $1,000 bags!!!

What a great bag and a great price! I'll head down to Brown Thomas, Limerick this week and see if they have any. Before I saw this I'd been eyeing up the DKNY quilted satchel as my 'little treat' bag!

Hey !!

I own a nude leather see by chloé, I can say that the leather is very nice and good quality, I own it for more than a year and I never had any problem with it ! And also it was made in mauritius !

I'm also seriously thinking of getting the poya !! I've seen it in real life at the printemps in Paris and it is gorgeous !!

I'm anxious to see the quality because I've always had issues with my Chloe's....hardware chipping on my paddingtons, screw popping off on marcie, paraty leather having a small slit in it....thankfully, the issues were resolved (except the chipping hardware).....BUT definitely not the level of quality I would expect from over $1,000 bags!!!

Maybe what you're mainly talking about isn't so much lack of quality, as a lack of quality control and reliability?

Problem with fashion is that you're almost always buying little more than a prototype!

Quite often, I think lower quality, less costly bags are actually more reliable, in terms of not malfunctioning, as they tend to be less experimental.

Maybe what you're mainly talking about isn't so much lack of quality, as a lack of quality control and reliability?

Problem with fashion is that you're almost always buying little more than a prototype!

Quite often, I think lower quality, less costly bags are actually more reliable, in terms of not malfunctioning, as they tend to be less experimental.

Yes, that's a good way of putting it!! Disappointed with quality control! I guess I just think that if I pay that much, it should be perfect. I've had quality control issues with all of them though, from Chanel to Balenciaga to LV. I guess that's just how it is!

^ :yes:

Problem with Chloe in particular, though, is that you can't really trust their repairers, either! :sweatdrop:

I'm supposed to be sending a strap in for repair (it arrived faulty), but I'm putting it off, as I'm too scared they'll ruin/lose it, LOL!

For anyone wondering.....I opened mine from Bloomie's and immediately sent it back. It felt super cheap to me. The lace detail was fraying, the leather felt thin, and if carried handheld, the top is all distorted. Even when carried with the strap, the top caves in. Just not worth the $. I was very disappointed!!!!!

For anyone wondering.....I opened mine from Bloomie's and immediately sent it back. It felt super cheap to me. The lace detail was fraying, the leather felt thin, and if carried handheld, the top is all distorted. Even when carried with the strap, the top caves in. Just not worth the $. I was very disappointed!!!!!

How disappointing to hear! Thanks for the review! I don't think I'll get this unless I hear very good reviews. Not worth the hassle of ordering and returning it.