Questions about BV at NM

Jan 29, 2006
I've noticed that NONE of the bags on NM.com are the same ones that my NM store has in stock and vice versa. Some of the ones on-line seem like the harder to get, more limited bags and my store just stocks the classics. Some of the NM.com bags aren't even on the BV.com website....I'm so confused!

Could someone tell me which - if either - is more likely to go on sale at NM and when? Do the more "fashion" bags on NM.com usually sell out before sale time? I know there are no longer BV sales at the boutiques.

Tx!

You are not the only one confused by NM's online BV selection and what I see in the stores. My limited experience (since I don't live near an NM to visit frequently) with their bag sales is that the classics/classic colors rarely, if ever go on sale. I have seen the seasonal colors and styles on the sale tables, but not in the numbers that you will see Fendi, Prada, Gucci, etc. If there is a *hot* color or style, they won't get very many anyway--the BV stores keep those to themselves--and they will probably not last until there is a sale.

It's always a guessing game and now that BV is no longer discounting bags at end of season, we are very limited in buying a new bag for under retail.

Thanks Boxermom!!

I'm currently contemplating a NM.com BV bag and losing sleep as to whether I should chance seeing if it makes it to sale. :sweatdrop: Since I'm just "starting" my BV collection....every $ helps! LOL

It is really a hard call. I have had very good luck in the past snagging a "seasonal" bag at on sale NM. The problem is the buying patterns of big stores have changed and continue to change based on the changes in the economy. I think we are only now really seeing season purchases fully reflect the store and customer buying changes.

I know that the NM and Saks Chanel SA's have been saying since last Fall that NM is buying much less Chanel bag inventory and that if there is a bag you really want you need to buy it. Many of us wondered if that was just hype to create a demand for the bags. My experience was that there were less bags available and the popular ones did sell out.

I did not feel that there was the same scarcity of BV bags in the NM system, but I think with every season they are tweaking things.

So for all I've just written, I'm realizing it doesn't really help much! The one thing I will tell you, if you wait and you lose out and can't get your bag, there is always another beautiful BV bag. Always. So although you might miss this one, there will be another that you love!!

Good luck!

Thanks sbelle!

My lucky day...NM has an on-line GC event for the next 2 or 3 days....made my decision easier, so hopefully there will be a reveal soon (hope I didn't jinx myself)!

I'm looking forward to Jack tonight!!! Yippe (can you tell I love your avatar?)!