question re: chanel nail polish

monablu

Dream Catcher
Mar 25, 2006
ok chanel vamps - I have a question for you that I am asking actually for my mom. We both love chanel's colors, but there are some colors that chip on my mom's nails (i have acrylic overlays so don't have that problem). anyway, it's the stranges:confused1:t thing - the light shades always seem to peel and chip on her nails, while the darker colors don't. Does anyone have a simple answer/solution? I suggested base coat but she says it still is a problem. then i was thinking that perhaps it was a chemical compound or something?

I have noticed this exact thing.. i just had marilyn on for almost a week with no problems.. i just painted my nailed tuesday night with miami peach and they are chipping already.

Apparently I'm odd man out, since I haven't noticed the light colored polishes chipping on me more than the darker ones. Maybe it has something to do with the base and top coat I use? :confused1:

Apparently I'm odd man out, since I haven't noticed the light colored polishes chipping on me more than the darker ones. Maybe it has something to do with the base and top coat I use? :confused1:

Your not the odd man out, LoL
This is what the OP said.. The darker colors wear better then the lighter colors.. just like you! :P

Same deal.....the light colors never stay on.....I feel like its a waste of the $$ b/c a drugstore pink (similar shade to the chanel) stays on FOREVER until I literally have to take it off