question of missing "W" sign on cc logo..

fsadeli

O.G.
Apr 30, 2007
Hi i just curious of this issue...anyone might have the real facts on missing sign on the logo from the boutique itself? it will be sucks to know if all the GHW which are being produced are no longer gold plated.

It makes me pain in the stomach to think if chanel has lowered their cost of production and yet, increase their retail prices... it wont be fair for GHW users, if they only to discover their thousand dollars of bag will get tarnished/chipped over use, when previously the GHW were more durable and long lasting....anyone?

p.s. im not against chanel lovers out there, im just voice out my concern on this issue as im a chanel fan myself

I just got the m/l flap in SHW and the SA told me that SHW is the better choice because the GHW will tarnish later on.

She seems to think none of the new flaps' GHW are gold plated anymore.

It is sad that Chanel has decided to take this route. The decrease in quality is even more disheartening. But, unfortunately that is how things go in business. Cut cost to make the most profit. Hopefully, with more complaints about loose stitches and etc. Chanel will change there ways and go back to the quality that they were known for.

I mentioned this in a previous thread, the hallmarking was discontinued around 08/09...so unfortunetly none of the GHW is gold plated anymore.

I was also sad to find this out...I personally :heart: GHW but if the non-plated GHW starts to tarnish then I might have to move on to SHW :sad:

Ugh.... this is getting ridiculous with Chanel...
I'm sure Karl Lagerfeld has nothing to do with this. If he isn't already, I'm sure he would be disgusted over the lower quality of today's Chanel products. I read in the forum somewhere that Chanel's change in quality came with the arrival of a new CEO. This new CEO is definitely only concerned with making money and not concerned about honoring and upholding the history and craftsmanship of one of the world's most luxurious brands.

Coco Chanel is probably turning in her grave!

Once sales start decreasing because of quality issues, they will change their ways. Until then you can expect more of the same. I only plan to buy vintage/older bags from now on.

I've been pissed ever since I bought a brand new caviar mini for $2k and realized later it did not have the hallmark=no gold plating and the straps are sewn into the sides instead of having an s-hook. I've been kicking myself ever since!

It was for this reason & others that I wanted a vintage Chanel instead of buying new. For some reason, I really love having the hw gold plated instead of just being gold-coloured. BTW, having the hw gold-plated is not very expensive as my jeweller have told me. It's jsut somehow

If your sa is resourceful, you can find a bag with the stamp. The other day, I saw a flap witht eh stamp on the CC at Holt.

Hi i just curious of this issue...anyone might have the real facts on missing sign on the logo from the boutique itself? it will be sucks to know if all the GHW which are being produced are no longer gold plated.

It makes me pain in the stomach to think if chanel has lowered their cost of production and yet, increase their retail prices... it wont be fair for GHW users, if they only to discover their thousand dollars of bag will get tarnished/chipped over use, when previously the GHW were more durable and long lasting....anyone?

p.s. im not against chanel lovers out there, im just voice out my concern on this issue as im a chanel fan myself

I couldn't agree more. I have 3 bags with gold hw. My M/L beige clair caviar has the gold hallmark. I have had no problems with the cc or lock chipping. My other 2 gold hw bags are the black caviar jumbo and the 09A red caviar M/L. Both bags do no have the hallmark and both bags have chipped. Keep in mind, that I'm the most anal person when it comes to bags. I baby them and they still chipped. NM exchanged my black caviar jumbo for another and chanel SCP replaced the cc and lock on my 09A red caviar, which chipped after only 2 months. When I picked up my red caviar I was SO happy when I saw that chanel replaced the hardware with hallmarked cc! I've been using it to death for the last 5 months and have had no problems with chipping.

wow that will be sucks!! i totally bummed with this facts....if the ghw started to tarnished, is there any way i could have it totally repaired and changed all the hardware to silver? i hope this thing will NEVER occur with my GHW though...should we all TPF members and chanel users write letters of complaint about chanel quality issue to corporate Chanel? haizz