Question from Chanel Novice

namie

O.G.
Sep 27, 2007
Hi! I purchased by very first Chanel - a black caviar Jumbo from Galleries Lafayette two weeks ago.

I have been reading this forum and looking at the photos. May I know what does the numbers on the authencity card mean? I see a lot of TPFers saying theirs are "10", "11", etc. Mine starts with 15.... So what does that mean?

Also, I see most of the boxes have a sticker at their side panels. My box for the Jumbo does not. It is a black box with Chanel on it, and the box is opened by lifting its flap. Is this usual or am I missing a bigger box here?

Can someone please advise?

Attachments

• Chanel1.JPG
    Chanel1.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 63
  • chanel2.JPG
    chanel2.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 87
It has to do with when the bag was manufactured. Check out the link below for more details!
http://www.yoogiscloset.com/t-dateauthcodes.aspx

The newer boxes have flaps and not all have stickers on the side, although most do. From looking at your pics, it looks like the dustbag is grey? This is the first I have seen that color!

The dustbag is white with black lines. The SA said it is the newest dustbag for flap bags. Now I realise it is missing the tag as well! I hate to purchase stuff for the first time. Always ended up with SAs throwing away some stuff that come with the bag.

I hate that, too! It's not uncommon for the tag to be stuck in one of the pockets. Also it's pretty common for the tag to have gone missing, especially if it was a display piece. I recently purchased a bag that was on display and the tag was missing. Pretty annoying but the bag was hard to find and in perfect condition.

You just want to make sure that it comes with the new booklet, authenticity card, and care card.

I hate that, too! It's not uncommon for the tag to be stuck in one of the pockets. Also it's pretty common for the tag to have gone missing, especially if it was a display piece. I recently purchased a bag that was on display and the tag was missing. Pretty annoying but the bag was hard to find and in perfect condition.

You just want to make sure that it comes with the new booklet, authenticity card, and care card.

There is a booklet and authencity card. I think there is a care card. The tag was there when the SA showed me. She must have disposed it when she brought it to the back room to pack. Sometimes SA just assumed without asking. I also made a Dior purchase and the SA did not provide me with the box and I have to ask for one. The Hermes SA was good. He asked if we wanted the Hermes box since it is too troublesome to bring it up to the plane.

The dustbag is white with black lines. The SA said it is the newest dustbag for flap bags. Now I realise it is missing the tag as well! I hate to purchase stuff for the first time. Always ended up with SAs throwing away some stuff that come with the bag.

Tags are not included when you purchase Chanel bags in Europe, that's only in the US. Here you'll find more information about tags and serial numbers/hologram stickers:

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/chanel-the-hologram-sticker-9641.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/how-to-read-chanel-tags-261363.html

I don't even have a proper tax invoice/receipt from Chanel. All I have is a piecee of termal paper with the price EUR3110 written on it and the cashier's number. Nowhere was it mentioned that I made a purchase of a Chanel bag. I have seen my relative's purchases at Chanel Singapore. She was given a receipt with the word CHANEL as letterhead.

This is my first Chanel and I am both excited and very particular about receiving a complete set. Anyway, I am wondering when will be a good opportunity to bring it out.