Question from Chanel Newbie

LouisVObsession

An Hermes Addict
O.G.
Jan 14, 2007
Hi all,
I just have a quick question about the Mini flaps. I really want one but I couldnt help but notice that some have longer flaps (that reach almost to the bottom of the bag) and some have shorter flaps (that reach only halfway of the bag).

Is this normal? Im bothered by the inconsistency of the design. Which one is better, long flap or short?

Any help would b appreciated :smile:
Thanks in advance!

:heart:

Better is what looks best to you. I think it's mainly the vintage or seasonal bags that have the long flaps; the more "classic" look is for a flap which does not go down the entire front of the bag.

Thanks for the replies :smile:

However Ive seen two square minis in caviar but one has the long flap and the other has a short flap that reaches only half of the bag.

Does anyone know if there's a PINK classic mini with a shorter flap? Im so confused about the variations of Chanel designs.

Thanks for the replies :smile:

However Ive seen two square minis in caviar but one has the long flap and the other has a short flap that reaches only half of the bag.

Does anyone know if there's a PINK classic mini with a shorter flap? Im so confused about the variations of Chanel designs.

The older square mini's have the straight shorter flap. This changed around 2006 I believe around the 10xxxxxx series. Since then they have had the flap you see out today. I think you must be seeing the difference between the old & the new. Not 2 different styles out now.