Scarves Question for the Twilly Experts

PurpleLilac97

Aug 15, 2018
I’m new to the world of Hermes. I just purchased my first bag, a Jypsiere 28. I thought I’d go today and buy my first twilly to go with it. Everything was fine until I got home and opened the box. It smells heavily of Twilly perfume. I wrapped it back up quickly, but my bedroom still smells. Is this right? Does Hermes seriously douse their new scarves in perfume? It’s not a bad smell, it’s just not my smell. Thanks for your help.

Thank you for your reply. Huh. So either I got a used one, or my store scents their scarves? Weird.
I sure hope not because perfume on silk can stain it and there is no guarantee the stain will come out. I found out years ago with a silk scarf but luckily the stain was gone after taking it to a high end cleaner. I had no idea what the stain was but the cleaner knew and said sometimes it comes out and sometimes not. Exchange your twilly for an unscientific one.

Reactions: PurpleLilac97
I’m new to the world of Hermes. I just purchased my first bag, a Jypsiere 28. I thought I’d go today and buy my first twilly to go with it. Everything was fine until I got home and opened the box. It smells heavily of Twilly perfume. I wrapped it back up quickly, but my bedroom still smells. Is this right? Does Hermes seriously douse their new scarves in perfume? It’s not a bad smell, it’s just not my smell. Thanks for your help.
I've purchased lots of twillies and have never had this happen. I would promptly return it, and be sure to do a sniff test on the replacement!

I would also try to exchange it for the fear of stains appearing at some point. I have maybe 6 or 7 twilies and none of them smelled like anything straight out of the box.

Reactions: PurpleLilac97
Thanks for the help everyone! Just got back from exchanging the Twilly. The smell was really strong when we opened up the box after being closed all night. It was concentrated around the tag. Best they could figure is since it was the last one in the store in the display case, someone got perfume on it while showing it to a customer. It all worked out for the best. I ended up with one I like even better.:heart: