Question For Sellers- Zero to 5 Feedback Buyers?

i've sold merchandise to buyers with 0-5 feedback and haven't had any problems. of course though, my items aren't designer bags and most are only around $50 or so.

They are all not bad... at some point we all had zero feedback (I still do ) so my friend sold 3 items for me... but on one a "zero F" bid the maximum and then "resigned" from ebay, then suddenly we got alot of strange ..."if you still have the bag" offers ...we declined, one just has to be careful...

I never used to have any stipulations on who could bid, but in the past few months I have been hit with so many NPB's that I give up! I now list all my items saying that I will not accept bids from anyone with less than a certain number of feedback unless they email me first, and if they do I will cancel their bid. I have also set up certain restrictions on who to block in my preferences. I have had enough, lol!

There is a setting in My Ebay, on the side where there are a list of links under "personal Information" or "account information" that says Preferences. Click on it and you will find a link for "Buyer Requirements." I have set mine to where I don't accept bidders without paypal accounts, who live in countries I don't ship to, who have NPB strikes, and who have feedback less than zero. There is one other option, to block bidders who have less than 5 feedback and who have bid on or won more than 1 of your auctions in the last few weeks. That keep someone with low feedback from bidding on every single one of your auctions at once. ;)

Where did you start at? I assume 0. Everyone has to start somewhere so assuming all new eBayers are scammers and non payers is stupid. In the past 6 months, all of my NPB's have been experienced buyers, except for the one NPB I have now who has 0fb.

If you're that paranoid, just send each buyer a welcome to eBay message and tell them if they have any questions to please contact you. Remind them that their bid is a binding contract and just give a reminder of your terms. Just make sure you tell them you do this with all of your bidders to just show that you want to interact throught the auction. Oh, and be nice and goofy about it. Don't sound strict or mean.

I sold to newbie many times before, so far so good. Most of my items are below $50. If a newbie bought an expensive item, I will insure my product when I mail them. Just in case, they said they never receive the item bla bla bla.

As a newbie, it IS tough, but then I believe that all I can do is to try to convince the seller that I'm legit. And if they don't believe me, and don't wanna sell, then I'll take my biz somewhere else to someone who can trust.

I mean, for every genuine buyer, there's prolly 2 deadbeat buyers, so I totally get where the more cautious sellers are coming from too :yes:

I usually state in my auction that newbies should send me a quick note to let me know they're serious about bidding.

Although I've had a bunch of 0-5 feedback people promptly pay for their item, there have been an equal number of Nigerian scammer types, who send me faked Paypal "You've got money" emails, or ask to pay me via Western Union.

Generally, if there's a 0-5 feedback bidder who seems to be actively entering in bids, I send them a quick note, asking them to reply. None of them ever do, so I cancel their bids.

I am now stating that 0-5 feedbackers e-mail me before bidding. In the last 2 weeks I have had 4 NPB - the reasons? 'bought something else and cant afford it now' 'My daughter bid on it and doesnt understand Euro Dollars (whatever they are!)' and 'I want to pay via paypal like you auction says' - my auction does not mention paypal anywhere!

I understand that you gotta start somewhere. It's like trying to get credit but no one will give it to you coz you don't have one. It's frustrating!

I used to be more lax about my auctions, didn't care who bidded on it but then I kept getting burned by zero feedback buyers. I just learned from that point on and state in my auctions that they can't bid. Of course they still do(I just had one do this and had to cancel their bid) so to me that means they don't completely read and/or understand the terms. THAT makes me nervous about them!

And to me it doesn't matter the amount of the item coz ebay still hits you up with the fees. And they're so "helpful" in resolving your issues (read-NOT!) that I just don't wanna go thru the hassle anymore.

At the very least, if they pay with paypal, make sure it's a confirmed address and get delivery confirmation and signature confirmation.

I sold a Dior Homme tshirt to someone with zero feedback in sweden with no problem. Maybe swedish people are just nice.

I'm one of those 0-5 feedback people too (up to a whopping 3 now, I think). Only because once in an entire blue moon is there a bag that I actually want and willing to risk buying on ebay. I do appreciate it if the seller does give me an option to email them.

So far, I've had good experiences (except for one where the bag was nowhere in the condition described but even then, the seller went out of her way to try to rectify the situation). I think the best way is to communicate and see if the person gives you a good vibe or a bad one and go from there.