Question for Coach lovin'/logo hatin' gals... :)

I am not a big fan of logo type handbags but the handbag that you are interested in is rather cute. I actually prefer subtle and hidden logos. My most recently purchase is the Julia nylon universal case in blue, #60890.
se0pr9.jpg

I say just buy it and if you get it home and really don't like it (which I doubt, it's beautiful) then return it. Sometimes logo bags are too overdone, but this one takes a few looks to actually see that there are C's on it. They almost look like circles, IMO.

This is exactly what I'm thinking. After all, if I want to use my PCE, there's very little time left. :P

I consider myself a pretty good Coach aficionado but I had no idea that the laser cut was a logo bag!! I just went to the website to have another look, and I still really had to look pretty hard to see that.

I don't think you have a single thing to worry about with this bag - no one is ever going to see logo on that bag. And it is beautiful, if you love it, please don't let that stop you, I couldn't even see it!!!

That's what I love bout the bag. You have to actually search for the logo. :smile:

I don't carry signature. I own one thing in fabric and my hubby bought it so it stays forever. I just bought the bronze Sophia. I love it. I haven't carried it yet because I have another new bag but I like how you can't tell what it says.

That's so true. Enjoy your new bronze op art - saw it in your album. :tup:

I have the parchment laser cut and I love it. It doesn't have the Coach logo plaque that other Sophias have. And I guess you could take off the hangtags if you wanted.

I don't have a big issue with logos though. To me that's kind of overthinking it; it's just a handbag. I buy a bag because I like it. I guess that's why I have a couple of LVs with monograms, and a couple of Bottega Venetas, which have no external branding at all.

It's not easy to escape branding of some kind on many items though. Pretty much every car has a logo, for instance.

That was another point in favor of the bag for me. I love that it doesn't have a plaque. :graucho:

I don't like logos either, just not my thing, so I've always stuck with the leather bags with one exception (my denim groovy) ... but the laser cut is really pretty and different, though TBH ever time I look at one the holes make me think of seeds like it's a pattern of watermelon or something, just my OCD-ness coming through cuz I think they look lovely on other ladies.

They do look like seeds. Lovely seeds.:giggles::lol:

I general don't go for signature or logos on any ones brand but sometimes Coach does them so artistically, you have to love them. I think if you love the look of the bag, get it. Don't box yourself into a corner with an "I don't do logos" mindset. The laser cut bags are very pretty and you should treat yourself to one if you love it.

Good point!

Generally I'm exactly the same as you, I can't stand logo's. Now I don't know about the Sophia, but I do know when I saw the OP ART Sabrina's the other year I fell head over heels in love. I bought the lavender, the amethyst and a black leather one too, my normal logo hating self went right out the window when I saw those bags. Funny enough I'm actually getting rid of two of them now, but that's not the point.
I now realize that sometimes it's ok to deviate from the norm, and get something outside of your comfort zone!:P

LOL! That's exactly what's happening to me right now. :lol:

I understand not wanting a bag with the logo, because I used to feel the same way.But I have actually grown to love the signature bags. First off,I find the signature bags to be alot lighter to carry than the leather ones. Also, to me, the leather is more high maintenance(have to worry about rain and getting it wet).The signature bags,especially the darker ones, are easier to care for...why do we hate tho logos so much? Just wondering.

I think it's just a matter of preference. Until the right bag comes along, of course! :lol:

I'll admit I don't mind the logos on Coach bags (my first Coach has Cs all over it and I love the bag!), but I can see why some people don't like them.

Anyway, I had no idea that the laser cut Sophia at had logos on it! I had to look at it several times before I realized they were there! The other ladies are right. If you're worried about people noticing the logos, I don't think they will. As LIblue stated, Coach does make some artistic logos and the laser cut Sophia definitely shows that. I say that if you love it, buy it. It's a beautiful bag! (One that I'm tempted to add to my own bag wish list. :P)

I know some people say they'll never buy certain bags, but this is a perfect example as to why they shouldn't be in that mindset. You just never know what will happen! Don't let the logos stop you from buying the bag if you really love it, like LIblue stated earlier.

So, did you end up getting the bag :smile:?

I like both siggie / logo and leather -- it depends on the bag itself and how I react to it. There are some leather bags out there that I wouldn't even look twice at and there are also some stunning siggie logo ones like the laser cut.

^^^ I did get the bag and brought it home so I can make up my mind without losing out on PCE. Except that now I can't stop thinking about the lovely Marielle in the same laser cut op art. (Thanks, paula3boys for pointing out this cute bag!) The bad thing is I didn't think to ask to see it in the store, and now want to see it irl before deciding on the Sophia. The marielle has a really cute shape - and I don't have any bags in that shape, while I already have a gorgeous gathered sophia in pearl grey. :thinking:

Guess who's going back to the store tomorrow.... :blush:

^^ Another trip to the store is always fun :smile:. Maybe if you decide to go with the Marielle and not the Sophia, they will honour the PCE for you :smile:.