Question for Bonz Sellers

BerryWriter

Jan 20, 2010
If you have "Or best offer" listings up on Bonanza, how long does it take you to respond when someone makes an offer? I made a very reasonable offer on a bag 2 days ago and have not heard a word from the seller. I know it's the holidays and all but it's still frustrating. I am tempted to just buy the bag at the full price, but if they won't respond to offers after two days it makes me wonder how long they would take to acknowledge the sale and ship.

You can look at their user profile and it will tell you when they were "last seen" on Bonanza. Some people put their stuff up and forget all about it. I wouldn't buy anything from someone who wouldn't answer me.

I usually respond within 24 hours, sooner if I'm able to. I think two days may be understandable - they may not be someone like me who has a laptop practically surgically attached to myself :biggrin: - but after 72 hours or so, I'd let it go. You could also try contacting the seller from their seller profile page.

I recently made a best offer and was told (nicely, but still ...) that the item was priced at the lowest price the seller would go, etc., etc.. I don't think sellers understand what OBO really means.

The seller is still ignoring the offer so I am going to cancel it. It was a very nice bag but if they can't be bothered to acknowledge an offer after 3 days, I'm not interested.

Kemilia, that seller is an idiot! Wow..I think she may be ignorant enough to think that having OBO would let people make offers for MORE than what she's asking. Crazy!

The seller is still ignoring the offer so I am going to cancel it. It was a very nice bag but if they can't be bothered to acknowledge an offer after 3 days, I'm not interested.

Kemilia, that seller is an idiot! Wow..I think she may be ignorant enough to think that having OBO would let people make offers for MORE than what she's asking. Crazy!
Is it possible that her messages might be going into her spam folder and she may not even be aware of them?

I recently made a best offer and was told (nicely, but still ...) that the item was priced at the lowest price the seller would go, etc., etc.. I don't think sellers understand what OBO really means.

Additionally, she may not have even noticed that Bonz turned on the OBO option for her listing, especially if she imported listings en masse from Ebay. That happened to me, and I didn't realize that the BO option was tacked on to the listings (they most certainly were not included on my Ebay listings) until I had someone submit an offer on an already very cheaply-priced pair of jeans. I ripped into the Bonz staff over that one, completed the transaction off-Bonz so I could actually afford to give the girl that price (I was a little paranoid about that pair selling and I'd paid too much for them in the first place), and never had a problem since. (They completely disabled the BO function for me and my listings, since I only import from Ebay and never actually create a listing in Bonz)

I always get notifications from my phone as I will always be on my feet every time my phone makes a noise. But as for your seller, some people do have lives. And people do err and forget. Like they say patience is a virtue. If you really want the bag I think you should just politely message the seller to see what's going on. Have you checked the status on your offer? Does it say countered, denied, pending or accepted?

If it was me though, I would move on.

It depends. I'll respond immediately if it's an offer that's a no-brainer for me to decline or accept; however, sometimes I like to take a day to decide... I make it a general rule of thumb to get back to prospective buyers within 24 hours, but many sellers aren't the same way. It's hard not to project on other sellers, but it's important to bear in mind that others don't operate the same as you do... They have lives outside of selling, and sometimes things can happen that are out of their control, etc etc.

I put an offer on a handbag one time, and after 2 days had not heard from the seller, I checked her profile, she had not been logged on in over a month. I quickly canceled the offer. Why bother selling on the Bonz? If I get an offer, I always respond the same day, but that's me.

Wow......

Was your offer very low?
This could be a reason that she is not responding.
I wouldn't ignore a potential buyer like this seller seems to be doing but I've heard of seller's doing this when they get low offers.

Also
....It's the week before Christmas....this could play a big part in her lack of response.

I normally try to respond immediately, if not within 24 hours but lately i haven't been receiving notifications for messages i get! I never changed my settings or anything though so it's a bit annoying for me to try and check everyday, which leads to me forgetting to check. But even though its been over 2-3days, i reply to the potential buyer and explain the situation.