Question about Valentino Shoe Sizing

pazzina

Jun 26, 2018
I found a pair of Valentino sandals in a thrift store and I am certain they are authentic. The size on the sole is 40 which normally equates to a US size 10. However, I am a size 7.5 / 8 and they fit me perfectly. Do Valentino shoes run extremely small? Or are these a vintage pair that had a different type of sizing? I plan to sell them and am not sure what size to put in the listing!

I found a pair of Valentino sandals in a thrift store and I am certain they are authentic. The size on the sole is 40 which normally equates to a US size 10. However, I am a size 7.5 / 8 and they fit me perfectly. Do Valentino shoes run extremely small? Or are these a vintage pair that had a different type of sizing? I plan to sell them and am not sure what size to put in the listing!
The short answer is the standard EU/US conversion charts are off for most luxury brands. There’s also the issue of foot shape and how each designer’s proportions mesh with the natural shape of your foot. I’m a a US 10 and wear a 40.5/41 in most luxury shoe brands. My Valentino patent rockstud ballerina flats are a 40.5. I have an average width foot with a narrow heel.

The Valentino shoe sizing is definitely odd! At Nordstroms I fit a size 36.5 perfectly. But when I purchased my Valentino Rockstud Flat Sandals (in Europe Italy) - I was a size 37. In the jelly thongs I am a 36.5