Question about shipping.

shes arguing on the point that in the fine print it says sig. cofirmation for stuff over $250, therefore she needs to use UPS/Fedex.

but it never stated in the auction that she can choose to use fedex/ ups, i can only see priority mail international

Here's what she says about shipping in the listing (I've highlighted the relevant parts):

We ship items as payment are received. We ship USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation-NO EXCEPTIONS. We provide and require signature confirmation on any auction when the winning bid is in excess of $250 as required by PayPal. We recommend you purchase insurance. We cannot be held responsible for items lost or damaged in transit. Please note: Due to the size and handle style of the handbags we sell, it is sometimes necessary to use a LARGE BOX when shipping. A large box may also be required if you win multiple handbag auctions. All auctions will be wrapped with loving care to protect them during transit. We always recommend insurance and include it as an option for every auction. We combine shipping. The cost of combined shipping depends on weight, location of buyer and size of box. Large orders will require UPS shipping. If you purchase multiple auctions please wait to be invoiced before paying. We ship International to Canada, Australia and the UK. Combined shipping is only offered on smaller items when shipping International. WE WILL NOT SHIP TO UNCONFIRMED ADDRESSES ~ NO EXCEPTIONS. WE WILL ONLY SHIP TO THE ADDRESS SPECIFIED ON YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT AS THE SHIP TO ADDRESS.

INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: We will ship to Canada, Australia and the UK. We ship as soon as your payment is received. Please remember your item must go through customs which can delay receiving your item in a timely manner. We can only combine shipping on smaller items when shipping International. We will not mark your item as a gift or pay any custom fees. Any and all extra fees incurred for international shipping are the responsibility of the buyer.

I really don't see how that brief comment, regarding signature confirmation, could possibly be taken to mean that the buyer will probably have to pay $100 more than stated? :nogood:

Especially when it directly follows a comment about only using USPS?

I'm guessing she's also trying (or will try) to use the last part to insist you have to pay for FedEx?

I really don't think that's sufficient, either, as (as you say) it does not specify that you may have to pay for shipping via FedEx (or any other courier) - it just says that 'Any and all extra fees incurred for international shipping' are your responsibility and I think that's far too vague a statement; as it could just be referring to the fees that are charged by the postal service and/or customs etc. to recover duties and/or tax (and I bet that's exactly what most buyers would assume it meant).

I feel she's, almost certainly, been intentionally deceptive, as she knows that no one from abroad will bid if they know they have to pay nearly $140 shipping for a bag of that price, so she's, intentionally, entered a low shipping fee, knowing that the price will exceed $250 (and perhaps even setting a reserve to ensure it will?).

BTW, look at her Toolhaus:

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=jodi3287&Dirn=Received+by&ref=home

It's terrible - so many complaints of SNAD condtion... :s

She may well say that she can't/won't ship unless you pay the extra, so it's up to you if you want to pay it, I suppose? :shrugs:

Personally, I wouldn't. Especially as I'd worry that I could do that and then not even receive what I'd paid for and then have to worry about paying for return shipping (and quite possibly trying to deal with a rude, unhelpful seller), as well.

If I were you, I would tell her that shipping was clearly stated as being $38.20 and that it did not state, anywhere in the auction, that I would probably have to pay an extra $100 to ship via FedEx and that if she does not wish to honour the contract, that is entirely up to her.

...and then I'd really hope she didn't want to! :lol: ;)

Last edited:
Ask if she will mutually agree to cancel the transaction and find anther bag is my advice. If she refuses, maybe you can report her to ebay for excessive shipping..or at least call them and find out what recourse you have.

Looked at the feedback on the Toolhaus link below, I was confused by the number of feedbacks that were withdrawn by ebay, it appeared due to non-paying bidder. Some where positive, what is this seller doing - shipping before payment or filling a NPB claim after buyer paid and recieved the item...

Am I the only one that thought it was confusing/odd...

Here's what she says about shipping in the listing (I've highlighted the relevant parts):

I really don't see how that brief comment, regarding signature confirmation, could possibly be taken to mean that the buyer will probably have to pay $100 more than stated? :nogood:

Especially when it directly follows a comment about only using USPS?

I'm guessing she's also trying (or will try) to use the last part to insist you have to pay for FedEx?

I really don't think that's sufficient, either, as (as you say) it does not specify that you may have to pay for shipping via FedEx (or any other courier) - it just says that 'Any and all extra fees incurred for international shipping' are your responsibility and I think that's far too vague a statement; as it could just be referring to the fees that are charged by the postal service and/or customs etc. to recover duties and/or tax (and I bet that's exactly what most buyers would assume it meant).

I feel she's, almost certainly, been intentionally deceptive, as she knows that no one from abroad will bid if they know they have to pay nearly $140 shipping for a bag of that price, so she's, intentionally, entered a low shipping fee, knowing that the price will exceed $250 (and perhaps even setting a reserve to ensure it will?).

BTW, look at her Toolhaus:

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=jodi3287&Dirn=Received+by&ref=home

It's terrible - so many complaints of SNAD condtion... :s

She may well say that she can't/won't ship unless you pay the extra, so it's up to you if you want to pay it, I suppose? :shrugs:

Personally, I wouldn't. Especially as I'd worry that I could do that and then not even receive what I'd paid for and then have to worry about paying for return shipping (and quite possibly trying to deal with a rude, unhelpful seller), as well.

If I were you, I would tell her that shipping was clearly stated as being $38.20 and that it did not state, anywhere in the auction, that I would probably have to pay an extra $100 to ship via FedEx and that if she does not wish to honour the contract, that is entirely up to her.

...and then I'd really hope she didn't want to! :lol: ;)

Looked at the feedback on the Toolhaus link below, I was confused by the number of feedbacks that were withdrawn by ebay, it appeared due to non-paying bidder. Some where positive, what is this seller doing - shipping before payment or filling a NPB claim after buyer paid and recieved the item...

Am I the only one that thought it was confusing/odd...

No - I thought that was very odd and/or dodgy, too. :s

In the case of the positive ones, that generally denotes shill-bidding (i.e. the seller bidding on their own items); but there appear to be an unusually high number of withdrawn negs, too.

Perhaps the seller has refused to refund buyers, in the past, if they won't withdraw their negs?

Last edited:
i sent her the following email, she still insists using Fedex or UPS.
I am NOT willing to pay $100 more for shipping, as in the description, it clearly does not say that $100 additional is needed for shipping in case of shipping more than $250.

I insist of using either priority mail or USPS international express, othetwise, i hope we can mutually cancel the transaction. $100 more for shipping is outrageous.
thank you

yay, she agreed to mutually withdraw from the transaction
She didn't want to post via express mail, i even asked for global express international.. doesn't both of them need sig. confirmation? i just don't get it..

Most sellers ship via usps express, I have done so myself and you do get a signature.
The extra problem with shipping ups or fedex is that they sometimes also throw in a brokerage fee which is independent of custom fees/taxes so you could end up paying a crazy amount of money.
I would walk away from this one and try to find another bag.

OP, did you use another ID to buy all those KVZ, Guess and Nine West bags from the seller? It appears that an Australian buyer is being vindictive toward that seller.