Question about purchasing preowned

Sep 11, 2009
I am considering buying a preowned Tiffany ring and wondering if Tiffany resizes preowned rings

If they won’t resize, how much should I expect a jeweler to charge to resize about one size down?

They definitely resize and I don’t think they would know if it is preowned. I recently brought a ring to resize that is over ten years old and they did not ask for any proof of purchase. They just checked to make sure it was genuine and of course, I had to pay for it.

Reactions: Noyerx
They definitely resize and I don’t think they would know if it is preowned. I recently brought a ring to resize that is over ten years old and they did not ask for any proof of purchase. They just checked to make sure it was genuine and of course, I had to pay for it.

Thank you! - it is good to know that you were able to get your ring resized without a problem. I hope you don't mind but I have a few questions -

1) how much was the resizing?

2) I am looking to purchase a ring that is about $2500, was your ring around this price as I am wondering if they are more willing to resize if the ring cost a certain amount?

3) which state are you located? I am in CA and I called a local Tiffany's and they said that they would not resize if I wasn't original owner :sad:

Thanks for any further info you can share!

I don’t mind at all...

The cost for resizing was about $175 not including tax. I needed it one size bigger. It is an Elsa Peretti Band with a small diamond which currently sells for about $1300 (I bought it for $500 years ago). I’m located in NY. When I brought the ring in, the very nice customer service rep examined it to make sure it was genuine and then took my info. She didn’t ask for any proof of purchase. I did tell her that I bought the ring years ago and it no longer fit. She was very nice, took my information and had me sign a service agreement. I was told that it would take about two weeks time and they would contact me when it is ready for pick up.
Hope that helps... Good luck!

** Also, I recently had my engagement ring (it was not purchased from Tiffany’s) resized at my local jeweler. It was also platinum, but a much thicker band. It costed $225 (tax NOT included). Since this ring was from Tiffany’s and the pricing was comparable, I felt more comfortable bringing it back.

Last edited:
I am considering buying a preowned Tiffany ring and wondering if Tiffany resizes preowned rings

If they won’t resize, how much should I expect a jeweler to charge to resize about one size down?
What kind of ring are you thinking of getting? keep in mind not all rings are sizeable (depending on style of the ring and if there are diamonds all around the band) also my understanding is rings are only sizeable up or down 2 size? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: Noyerx