Question about Pearls and Diamond Jewelry...

sharbear508

Buy now, think later
O.G.
May 25, 2006
I'm thinking about wearing a pearl necklace on my wedding and I was wondering...if I wear a pearl necklace, can I wear diamond chandalier earrings? What if I wear a pearl necklace AND a pearl bracelet...do the diamond chandalier earrings still work??

TIA!!! ;)

I don't know....it may be too much...

My friend did a pearl necklace, diamond bracelet, and a a little dangly pearl earrings and it was gorgeous. Now I'm trying to imagine her with diamond chandalier earrings, I think the the earrings and the necklace would compete with each other. I'm assuming you're talking about a single strand of pearls? Do you know what type diamond chandalier earrings? (like very bling bling, or subtle) an example would help. :smile: Also, how much details does your dress have?

Hmmm...you might be right gingerfarm...

But what if we're talking a single strand of pearls and reasonably sized diamond chandalier earrings? The earrings would be delicate and vintage looking and a tasteful size - not like those huge chandalier earrings Beyonce used to wear all the time!! My dress doesn't have a crazy amount of beading like a lot of wedding dresses do, so it won't really come into play here...

It could work if it's not the huge earrings...not more than halfway down your neck.

I was debating a similar thing...my dress has some rouching (no beading), so I decided that I'm just going to wear some chandalier/dangly earrings...since I think adding a necklace will take away from the dress.

It's also all about proportions...if you wear some 12mm pearl strands, then smaller on the earrings.

Delicate and vintage looking diamond earrings will go well with a pearl necklace. (I was really imagining beyonce at first). :P

I remember you got stuart weitzman shoes that has rhinestones on it. you know, your earrings would be a nice touch to match.

I love the way pearls and diamonds look together. I think your combo sounds great!

Congrats on the wedding! I wish you both years and years of happiness together!

Thanks ladies!! Sounds like I'm good to really start on my necklace search then!!

I'm considering just a simple strand of pearls, but I'm also really intrigued by something a bit bigger like in the attached pic. But has anyone seen anything like this multi-strand necklace available? It's a pic from The Knot magazine of a real life wedding...it's an heirloom necklace with a combination of pearls, crystal, and gold. Could I find something with this sort of a look for a reasonable price?

Attachments

• intro_image.jpeg
    intro_image.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 72