Question About New and Old Greens

susan-eric

Jan 6, 2006
Could someone look at the 2 green B'bags on the Bob Ellis site and tell me which one is Emerald--the lighter one or the darker one? Or are they both Emerald under different light? I'm very confused about this because there's also 2 greens in Barneys and it seems like Emerald would be the lighter one, but then--what's the darker one? I can't find another color swatch that makes any sense at atelier.naff either. Thank you.

The picture of the twiggy on bobellis is really misleading - the Emerald is actually quite a deep green, a true emerald green. The twiggy's under some kind of weird-ass light in that picture, but its definitely meant to be Emerald tho'.

So the darker green box bag is the truer reflection? That's interesting. I wonder what I'm seeing in Barneys that looks like sort of a Kelly Green color? (I though origan was sort of olive)?

The origan is light olive. Maybe the kelly green was just a lighter leather color than the regular emerald? I have seen some color variation in the inks posted here, so the emeralds may have some variation, too...could be that they got one that is a slightly different color.

I agree--they are both Emerald. I've noticed the Emerald colour often looks brighter than it really is in photographs. I have an Emerald City, and it is a deep, but not dark green...if you have ever seen rough or tumbled Emeralds, that is the colour. (Not bright gemstone quality Emeralds.)

I did notice that some Emerald bags seem a bit lighter and brighter--I saw a First that was indeed lighter. Apparently there is some variation in the "Emeralds."