Question about Mini Asher

lcarlson90

O.G.
Jan 5, 2010
I had the mini magnolia from LB and the only thing I didn't like was that you can't wear the braided handles over your shoulder. I was wondering if the mini asher is the same way? I was also curious to know if the braided handles on the full size magnolia/asher are even comfortable to wear over your shoulder?

Well...this is a funny question in the fact that I just got a mini magnolia...and a mini asher last week...I did a reveal....but I can tell you the handles seem to be a tad longer on the mini asher then the mini magnolia. I wore the mini asher out yesterday and today, and I can fit then handles on my shoulder, with just a Tshirt on...not with a coat or something heavy as it is a tight fit...and I had to work it on my shoulder...I do not think I could do that with the mini magnolia...and I am not sure everyone could do it with the mini asher...I am a plus size girl, so not tiny, and they do fit, and I was fine all through the grocery store, so it was comfortable!

Treesjeminimagandarcher018.jpg

Here is a picture of the two side by side, and I think you can see the handles look a little bigger on the mini asher...

Hope that helps!

I had the mini magnolia from LB and the only thing I didn't like was that you can't wear the braided handles over your shoulder. I was wondering if the mini asher is the same way? I was also curious to know if the braided handles on the full size magnolia/asher are even comfortable to wear over your shoulder?

The Asher and the Magnolia (and their Mini counterparts) are technically the same bag, but just with different embellishments (pleats vs ruffles), so in theory, the braided handles ought to be the same length*. It can vary a bit depending on the leather and how tightly braided the handles are, I think. Also, as a bag breaks in, I find that the braided handles do "stretch" a bit more (possibly as the braid tightens due to the weight of the bag and its contents when carried?), so this may be something to consider.

* - The main exception to this is for the newer-style Ashers/Magnolias vs the older-style ones. The newer styles have got thinner braided handles that are also slightly longer, as well as front and back zippers that are continuous, while the older styles have got thicker, slightly shorter braided handles and zippers that meet only in the middle. Both the Asher and Magnolia have bags in the older and newer styles, though, so it's not a difference between the two per se. This also isn't applicable for the Mini sizes, BTW, since that size was introduced only after all Ashers/Magnolias were changed over to the newer style.

As for the braided handles on the full size Asher/Magnolia, it may depend on whether the bag is in the older or newer style, and on your personal preference. The older style has got a handle drop of about 7", so it can fit on the shoulder, but the comfort level will depend on what you're used to, I think. The newer style has a handle drop of closer to 8", so that definitely fits more comfortably on the shoulder.

HTH!