Question about method of buying

SpeedyJC

Just a gal who loves purses, clocks and cats
O.G.
Jul 29, 2008
Hi, I hope this is the right forum for this.

I am heading down to LV on Saturday but I was wondering if it is OK to charge half the bag on a credit card and then pay for the rest in cash.

I have always just paid cash but I am not thrilled about carrying that kind of money around so I figured I would just put half on credit ( I do not want to charge the whole bag) and pay the rest in cash.

I don't have any checks and I need to order them so I would not have them in time.

Is this an acceptable method of payment?

**I do not feel comfortable because I went to the ATM and took out my money before hitting up LV (when I got my damier speedy) and I had these 2 creepy guys following me and it kind of made me nervous and not so care free anymore about carrying that kind of cash.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
I can't see how that would be a problem at all. Money is money.
You *could* just charge the whole bag and put the money back on your credit card teh same day, though? That way you wouldnt be charged any interest? And that way you would eliminate "feeling weird" about splitting payment, if that is the issue?

I can't see how that would be a problem at all. Money is money.
You *could* just charge the whole bag and put the money back on your credit card teh same day, though? That way you wouldnt be charged any interest? And that way you would eliminate "feeling weird" about splitting payment, if that is the issue?

Right now im angry with my credit card because they cut my limit for NO reason (I pay off my CC at the end of the month every month) so I guess I just do not want to charge the whole bag because I want to give them as little business as possible, if this makes sense. So i figured I would just do half and pay it off the next day and then be done with them for good, all while not having to walk around with 1000 bucks in my purse.

Thank you for your response. I do not feel weird about it at all I just did not want to get there and then have to walk all the way back to the ATM and then walk back to the store(im lazy I know lol).

Ok well now that I called my CC(Ihave called 3 times trying to find out the reason) and they told me they cut my limit because I have been using my credit card I think I will just pay in full with cash.

Yes that is the real answer I got. It was cut due to recent activity by me and my amount due was way way way way under the limit and I just paid the amount due off this month. Now I am afraid to use th card, so what good is it to me.

They never even sent me a letter.

Thank you all for your replies.

I've split payment before, no big deal. My DH offered to pay $1500 toward a bag I bought once, so that went on his card and the balance on mine (he's getting better though...last time he came LV shopping with me he paid for the whole bag ;))

Forgive me if this is a stupid comment, but I normally use my debit card to pay for purchases: no need to carry large amounts of cash. On the same card there is also the credit function (with Visa), but I prefer debit.

Forgive me if this is a stupid comment, but I normally use my debit card to pay for purchases: no need to carry large amounts of cash. On the same card there is also the credit function (with Visa), but I prefer debit.

It's not stupid I always pay with debit card in The Netherlands I only use my creditcard if I'm in another country. Only whenever my debit card day limit €1250 is not sufficient than I will pay the remainder in cash.

Last edited: