Question about Favorite chain strap

Frenchie D.

Dec 9, 2010
I am madly in love with Favorite MM and would like to get it in DA. I have watched the YouTube videos and looked for info here, but still haven't found what I need about the chain. Is it comfortable to carry?

I am not a fan of crossbody bags and plan to wear the Favorite on my shoulder. I normally have my long wallet, a small makeup bag, keys, phone, sunnies, and the PM agenda if possible.
I need the bag to be comfortable on my shoulder when I'm out and about. The uncomfortable chain that digs i. would be a deal breaker. (I did see a video on doubling the leather strap to make it shorter, so that could be an option I guess even though the chain looks nicer.)

Can anyone help? TIA!

I have the Favourite MM and I don't think you would be able to fit everything you listed. I only carry it with the chain when going out at night, but I have never felt any discomfort. I usually carry my Clemence wallet, 6-key holder, iphone 6, car keys and some makeup, and it it really full with all of these inside. If you carry it full and only carry it by the chain all the time, I guess it could start digging into your shoulder.

Reactions: j19
I am madly in love with Favorite MM and would like to get it in DA. I have watched the YouTube videos and looked for info here, but still haven't found what I need about the chain. Is it comfortable to carry?

I am not a fan of crossbody bags and plan to wear the Favorite on my shoulder. I normally have my long wallet, a small makeup bag, keys, phone, sunnies, and the PM agenda if possible.
I need the bag to be comfortable on my shoulder when I'm out and about. The uncomfortable chain that digs i. would be a deal breaker. (I did see a video on doubling the leather strap to make it shorter, so that could be an option I guess even though the chain looks nicer.)

Can anyone help? TIA!
The chain shouldn't be uncomfortable since the bag and it's contents are lightweight, although I personally don't think you'll be able to fit everything you've listed inside, but it's very possible for those with long hair to get it tangled up inside of the links.

The chain of the Favorite is not very thick, so I think if you carry all these items in the bag, it will be packed and heavy. And this might be uncomfortable. Also the chain is very short, so I wouldn´t pack the bag to the max. Alternatively you could buy a short leather shoulder strap, like the one for the Pochette Accessoires to be able to wear it on your shoulder. It´s a lot more comfortable.

Thank you for your replies.
It sounds like the pretty chain will be an issue. It definitely makes the bag more dressy, but I need the other option to work for every day. Getting a shorter strap is a great idea, I'll do that.

I've been using bigger bags for a while now and am actually looking forward to downsizing. It means I'll have to get a smaller makeup bag and leave my agenda at home.

My SA ordered me a strap like the one on the Pochette Accessories for my Damier Ebene Favorite PM; I love how it looks!

Ooooh, sounds nice. Would you mind posting a photo?

Is it possible to simply buy this Pochette strap or does one have to rely on the kindness of the SA? (I don't have anyone who would do me such a favour.)

Is it possible to simply buy this Pochette strap or does one have to rely on the kindness of the SA? (I don't have anyone who would do me such a favour.)

This photo shows it with my vachetta strap off my Monogram Pochette Accessories. That's what gave me the idea to have my SA order one for me in the darker color to match the Damier Ebene bag. I can't remember offhand what I was charged but can look at my receipt. I'd just ask your SA, tell them what you plan on using the strap for, and hopefully they just order it up for you! :smile:
IMG_1485351800.243127.jpg