Question about different purses

angl2b

Noob
Dec 6, 2006
Hi all -
I am not sure where to post this so I am posting it here - if there is a more appropriate area - please feel free to move this thread (sorry in advance if this is the wrong area). I am going to Asia in a month and a half and I was told recently that LV's in Asia (specifically in HK) comes dierectly from Europe so the inside is branded with Paris - although it may cost more I was told the re-sale value is higher than the US ones. I wanted to know does this aply to LV's only or is this the same for other purses like Gucci, Chanel, etc.
TIA for any information given.

angl2b, this should probably be posted in the "Handbags and Purses" subforum, maybe the LV forum. People here know a lot about prices around the world.

The mods get awfully busy, so I don't know how long it'll take to move it. You can PM one of them to move this thread for you.

Welcome!

Hmm, I'm not sure. I'm not very heavily into LV, but I haven't heard of any cases where people are willing to pay more for an LV made in France vs. Spain or the US... Also, I think Chanels are all made in France or Italy (pls correct me if I'm wrong).

Thank you for the responses. I was wondering not necessarily about LV's but purses in general.. I only heard such a thing with LV's and didn't know if this would be true with any other brands. I truly do appreciate all the responses I have gotten though and thank you to the mod that moved this thread for me.

Chanel specifically are all made in Italy or France, one location over the other does not reflect it's resale value nor it's quality.